DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Alright!
Been waiting on a Clubman to get the treatment.
Will this be a speaker swap, or will it require/want modification to install the components?

What kind of sub box you planning - stealth or will it take up most of the hatch area?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, it's been a slight delay on getting started! lol

I will be doing a complete speaker swap. As well as a fiberglass box in the rear. Where the spare tire goes...Mostly stealth!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I just completed the install...Only have the after pics. Waiting on my friend who helped to email the pics from his camera...

Went passive!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
install looks great. I'd use the bitone if I were you. It can only make things better.

·
Registered
2018 VW GTI S VWR springs, DAP spacers, OEM sounds
690 Posts
thats a very cool install. Nice to see someone with the guts to tackle the Clubby. Over on NAM it seems no one is willing to do it.
judging from yer a-pillars did you get the hi-fi stereo option?
Clubmans ftw!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm shocked no one has attacked a clubbie yet!
Yes, went with the Hi-Fi! In fact the real reason i even went with the hi-fi was for the A-pillars. LOL Just knowing i was going to do an install. lol

I might still do the BitOne. Unless i can find a buyer! hmmmmph

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It did have a factory amp. Which has been removed. I Used the hi-levels from the head unit. Which had virtually no roll-off....rta showed a slight roll off around 27hz.

The spare tire area had a total cu of about 1.8cuft. Minus the woofer and the fiberglass i had plenty of air at 1.3cuft.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.