DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally i reached a stage that my system can be shown to public!

The car
Mazda CX 7 GT model 2008 manual transmission

The stuff

Alpine iva w505r
Alpine pxa h701
Alpine nve m300

BRAX x2400 graphic edition driving mids and highs
BRAX x2000 graphic edition driving the midbass on the doors

SEAS rt27f the well known tweeters
SEAS W15cy001 also known excel magnesium cone midbass
SEAS L22rnx/p one in each door (!)

sub - n/a

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the project

i was of the idea that no matter what source you use, no matter what are the cables, the connectors, the speakers etc nothing is as important as the power that moves them
so i started somehow opposite
I choose Brax graphic edition as the solid base of the system
in this respect i could live without an F1/p90/etc combination as a front end as according to above this will have much less impact on the final result.

so 505 was the best solution that could make the best all-around package (monitor + navi + usb + bt + ipod + processor)

I had also bought a 12" SEAS lotus sub. fooling around in the trunk i realised that there was not any convenient+effective+aesthetically accepted solution for the sub.
so what the hell , we will try with the 8" in the doors and decide later if we need the sub.

the major part of installation was made by my friend and one of the best installers in Greece , Andreas Dragiotis, while smaller parts (as doors dumping, cabling, etc) were made by me (I now I should do it by myself but eventually there was no time left for this - wife carries knives!)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm I cannot find the construction part in my f#[email protected] laptop.
ok no problem I will continue with the finished system and when i return home in few days will continue from there.

the head unit.
doitor should be aware how excellent :D finished is the schoche dash kit. therefore had to be modified

the trunk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still a lot of things to do
grille for mids, stiffening the alpine brackets in the dash, new cover under the amp rack,, dumping the door cards, change some connectors for the mids and highs and many others.

I was planing to buy the w12cy001 as mids, but since 4" (and 4,5") has become some kind of common size for mid i wanted to be different placing a 5,5"
(andreas is still chasing me for this )

as for the lows, yes i do not need a sub!

there is lot of undistorted midbass going down to 30 or even lower (actually door cannot handle below 30 at the moment so i had to enable high pass) and with the music i usually listen to i need no more than that.
system can play as loud as 125+dB full range , which for the noise of this car leaves a lot of place for dynamics.

staging is at the front boundary of the cabin (slightly outside the windshield) and need some improvement but the good news is that even if you look at the mids/highs you do not hear any music from them but from something placed at the oem positions! (yes they do disappear even far away from fine tuning!)

so hope you enjoyed, and in about 10 days i will try to find some photos from woodworks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy A pillars!

Nice install, nice gear!

thanks mate!
as jorge commented in his thread , this car has a lot of potential for high level system , the small window in the a pillar has almost the perfect size for this job as it is large enough to provide about 1,5 liter space for mid and small enough to be considered useless for driving purpose (so you can cover it!!)

·
Registered
895 Posts
MANUAL TRANSMISSION! They don't sell it that way in the US do they. They didn't last time I checked. Damn Americans and their love for slushboxes.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Man that's a sweet car.:D
Awesome install and awesome gear, buddy.
Love what you did at the back and the pillars.

J.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow!!! beautiful install man, I love the amp rack, looks awesome.
:cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MANUAL TRANSMISSION! They don't sell it that way in the US do they. They didn't last time I checked. Damn Americans and their love for slushboxes.
you want like it manual!
actually is a lot better to handle 260+hp on 1700+kgs cerb weight via the hydrodynamic clutch of the automatic transmission than just grinding one clutch disc over the metal surface.
We have opposite problem , they do not import automatic CX7 in Greece.

yes indeed Hellas is Greece (I have no idea they are calling us Greeks anyway instead of Hellines but probably is something similar to the Deutchland that we call Germany:D)

thanks guys for the comments , still have lot to do ( i did not show yet the fuse box under the hood - still a brown piece of wood !)

By the end of the week will show you some woodwork of the trunk.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts