DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Here's some for you then, since I was given the task of building the box. :)

19mm MDF sheets cut in rough shapes and test-fitted.

All the sheets and braces.

Test fit.

Braces with routered edges.

The brace construction ready to be inserted in the box.

First time using my router compass since I bought it nearly 2 years ago.

And there we go, just some final touches left. I need to router the external edges of the box and secure the sub in place with T-nuts.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Being a little lazy lately, my good friend Pankrok, missed a couple of updates to his car.
The dash built was his idea for about a year now (ok maybe a little more), so it was impossible to stand the pressure of building it. It finally became reality, and we are all very happy for it.
The speakers came from the ATC SCM 7 speaker, with the very musical and detailed tweeter, and the enormous midrange driver, which gave us a hell of a headache to fit it inside the dash.
After a lot of dash-looking-measuring hours and some minor reroutes to the AC vents under the dash , the space required was ready.
We modified the dash-top to match Mazda's scheme, made the polyester housings for the tweets, and the result is what you see in these pics.
Thanks for the hospitality, and the endless knowledge we all derive from this forum..

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I can see one pic. I'd love to be able to see the rest. I've heard the ATC SCM 7 before and they sounded really good. You took both drivers (mid and tweet)? The install is very nice!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts