DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found Here

If you need any help with this post here or P.M. me.

To do something like this you will need a double din factory Radio bezel(Part#: 82210579), And a dash kit form a jeep, Here

BTW the Radio was a Kenwood dnx 6140, it has built in Gps, Bluetooth, DVD player, iPod control, and a ton more.

When removing the dash piece, you must un bolt the a/c controls from the bezels itself. it uses a 7mm a closed ratcheting wrench works best.

If you live near,I can install this for you, just contact me in this form or pm me.

Dodge Caliber Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram
Be SURE TO TEST all wires with a volt meter, and speakers with an ohm meter.

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/Light Blue
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: switched power off cig lighter (Use 10v fuse)
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Yellow
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Gray/Red
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Violet
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Dark Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Brown
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Orange
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A

Custom Sub Box coming soon !

·
4,981 Posts
did a few of these on the SRT10 ram and a few chargers and 300s, certainly beats the older chryslers, and factory parts for these cars are all pretty cheap...just gotta distinquish the ones that need and dont need the CAN intefaces...

good job. did this car need the CAN stuff btw? so i know if i get to work on one?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean this ? click me

if So yeah, But we did not use, Waist of 70$, I just tapped into the factory harness, I usually don't this but I feel as long as you solder the leads it will be fine, And you can get switched acc. from the cig lighter, A inline fuse was used as well.(10)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the can bus was for the steering Wheel controls only ?, Plz enlighten me. When I did my research, I did find info on (can bus) some for the 2006 model, I was not to concerned about since I was doing a newer model though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts