DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Shallow mounts and rockford amps, good ideas?

• p3 shallow mounts Recommended

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2009 Chevy 1500 ext cab ltz with the Bose system (single 8" in font of the center console) and am looking for ideas in a system. I’m not looking for an extremely loud system but I do prefer some pretty deep bass, I can’t stand the bottoming out sound that the single 8 has on certain songs. I have found a box that has dual 10 or dual 12 with a 6 inch depth with .60 cubic feet sealed. With only .60 I’m leaning strongly on the 10s, what do you think? I have found a kit with the above box, 2 RF P3SD410 punch stage 3 SHALLOW MOUNT 4 ohms 10, and a P500-1bd Monoblock 500 Watt Punch Amplifier. My biggest concern is the Shallow Depth speakers not going as low as I want, Overall Volume isn’t a huge factor, but I want it to hit low if I'm listening to rock or country not just rap. What are yall’s thoughts for this setup? Would you do it differently? This setup fits my budget well but if I have to save up a little longer to avoid being disappointed I will. Thanks in Advance for your help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you can do better than the shallow mounts...

If you want deep bass I'd go a different route. There are plenty of good selections in the classified section

·
Registered
238 Posts
I currently have a kenwood excelon thin sub, and it gets pletty loud, but I have been dissappionted when it tries to hit low. it just can't hit the real lows with any authority. while it might be a lower end sub than those rf's i cant help but feel you would be better of with a more conventional sub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts