119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headunit - Kenwood DNX890HD
Front Stage - Focal K2 Power 165 KR
Sub - Arc Audio ARC 12D4v3 sealed
Processor - JBL MS-8
Amp - JL Audio HD900/5
Center And Rear Speakers - JL Audio something something

The mic on this camera isn't all that great but you can get the idea.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Headunit - Kenwood DNX890HD
Front Stage - Focal K2 Power 165 KR
Sub - Arc Audio ARC 12D4v3 sealed
Processor - JBL MS-8
Amp - JL Audio HD900/5
Center And Rear Speakers - JL Audio something something

Just testing midbass with this. Still tweaking front stage. The mic on this camera isn't all that great but you can get the idea.

Says the video is private

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
how are you liking that arc subwoofer?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really hate to thread Jack you but I have to ask you about your Kenwood DNX890HD.
We just put one in my Brother's Tundra and its been a nightmare. GPS freezes occasionally but the biggest problem has been the Bluetooth connections with our AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 phones. We can get one, the 1st one paired, to connect phone functions with but a second phone, forget about it. The phone BT will show up on the BT screen but the phone will not pair with Pandora. It will show that its connected with the little "P" icon but it plays for a couple seconds and then drops. I have read there is a firmware update 1.7 that fixes all these problems yet I have followed Kenwood's instructions to the letter and I can't get the firmware to take.

Have you done this firmware update? Can you PLEASE tell me what the magic secret decoder trick is? I have downloaded and unpacked the 257MB file and put all the files on a USB drive straight to the main directory just like Kenwood says to but when I go to setup/software the update radio button is greyed out. If you know the trick please help. This has been driving me crazy for a week, lol. Sorry to bust in on your thread. Sweet system tho.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really hate to thread Jack you but I have to ask you about your Kenwood DNX890HD.
We just put one in my Brother's Tundra and its been a nightmare. GPS freezes occasionally but the biggest problem has been the Bluetooth connections with our AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 phones. We can get one, the 1st one paired, to connect phone functions with but a second phone, forget about it. The phone BT will show up on the BT screen but the phone will not pair with Pandora. It will show that its connected with the little "P" icon but it plays for a couple seconds and then drops. I have read there is a firmware update 1.7 that fixes all these problems yet I have followed Kenwood's instructions to the letter and I can't get the firmware to take.

Have you done this firmware update? Can you PLEASE tell me what the magic secret decoder trick is? I have downloaded and unpacked the 257MB file and put all the files on a USB drive straight to the main directory just like Kenwood says to but when I go to setup/software the update radio button is greyed out. If you know the trick please help. This has been driving me crazy for a week, lol. Sorry to bust in on your thread. Sweet system tho.
Have you tried using the iPOD USB input cable to the HU? That is the only USB port on the HU I could get to recognize my thumb drive. Other than that, I had no problem installing ver. 1.7.0.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I finally got the update to take and it fixed the GPS issues but neither of our Samsung Galaxy S3 phones will connect via Bluetooth audio. Very close to switching it out with a Pioneer or Alpine.

Have you tried using the iPOD USB input cable to the HU? That is the only USB port on the HU I could get to recognize my thumb drive. Other than that, I had no problem installing ver. 1.7.0.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts