DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the site for about 2 months now and have put together a proposed SQ system to go into my 09 Honda Fit.

Diagram:

Gear:

2 way active front stage + 10" sub-woofer in sealed enclosure (hatch false floor)

OEM Head Unit
-- JBL MS-8
--- Massive Audio NX5
---- Vifa XT25TG30-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator Tweeter
---- Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm
---- Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm

Does anyone see any glaringly obvious issue with this install or the products I have chosen?

Few concerns/questions I have:

- Based on the products can you guys suggest frequency ranges?

- What is the suggested box size for sub if I want tight accurate bass?

- Should the midbass be 4ohm or 8ohm, they handle 60 watts rms, the amp produces 120 watts @ 4 ohm, should I handle this by adjusting the gains or going with an 8 ohm driver?

- Is the tweeter I have chosen a good match for mid bass drivers?

- The Honda Fit has huge sail panels with pretty large windows. This leaves me lots of room to do a custom tweeter pod virtually anywhere. Should I go this route or look at installing them in the kicks. On or off axis?

Also want to say thanks, I am very impressed with the knowledge offered on this site. All of my selections have been based on the reading I have done here.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think the rs-180 like to play very high, maybe 2k is all you can expect out of them, and its a tall order for a smaller tweet to play super low. Maybe look into the Dayton full format tweets instead?

Go for the 4ohm drivers as well, they should handle the wattage you have.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been googling and reading more reviews on the NX5, is this thing going to be a poor choice for my system?

Is anyone using it like I plan to? If so what are your thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts