DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are currently doing an audio build on a 2010 Corvette for a customer and I have some progress pics posted. I'll also be posting more this week as we have lots of new finished pics. System consists of:

Head Unit: Pioneer 930BT
Front Stage: Hertz Hi-Energy 3-Way Components
Rear Stage: Hertz Hi-Energy Coaxials
Sub: 12" RF T1
Sub Amp: RF T1000
Front Stage Amp: RF T400

onto the pics....

Interior Dynamat - The floor and entire hatch area has also been dynamated.

Drivers Door

Passenger Door

Subwoofer Box - Have Since loomed wire in TechFlex and added 2nd amp.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Her top, or the top for the car lol.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol nice, top of the car. This car also didn't have much option for grounding, so the 2nd battery is grounded under the car to the frame. I'll get some pics of that tomorrow maybe.

The blue paint that was used on the box was leftover paint we had from having to repaint the front bumper as someone had backed into it scratching it up.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Now the pictures of the battery are what I can't wait to see. You are doing a fine job on this project.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The battery is nothing special really, resides in storage compartment in hatch of car. I'll take some more pics because the door pods will not be finished for a day or two yet.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Will the door pods be the same color of the amp, or will they be wrapped?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The door pods will be same color yes, and we added the second battery for cosmetic request of customer plus the factory battery sucks and these amps draw a lot of power, especially the AB class we're using.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
The door pods will be same color yes, and we added the second battery for cosmetic request of customer plus the factory battery sucks and these amps draw a lot of power, especially the AB class we're using.
A 2nd battery is cosmetic? You do realize that unless she plans on sitting idle in her garage or driveway listening, a 2nd battery is actually worse on the electrical system.....right?? An upgraded alternator would be a better choice, although I doubt either is necessary with the power you are actually getting from those amps.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Most likely a very unnecessary upgrade, along with the battery.

The T-1000 is class b/d btw. Have her get a decent battery under the hood and call it good.

Finishing touches look nice! Did you seal the massive hold in the door with anything other than Dynamat?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have pictures coming of the big door hole. We closed off the whole area except for where the magnet will be sticking through as the mid and 6.5 will be mounted where that factory speaker would have been, Ideally, we wanted to put the tweeters in the a-pillars but due to her time constraints they are going in the factory door location for now. Also, on the subwoofer box its not shown in the picture but we also integrated a corvette emblem on the front side and the box is ported, in that photo we had yet to cut out the ports yet. We originally did just the sub and amp upgrade as her original equip from a box store was blown. With just that this car sounded great. This is the first time using the Hertz Hi-Energy 3-ways so I am curious as to how they sound but I'll know in 1 or 2 days!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
do i spy gull wing brackets? or are those lambo style. look more gull wing to me.

loving the trunk..holy cow am i loving that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well your close! They are lambo doors which she requested. The crazy thing is, this is about the only car that can pull these off ligitimately IMHO, they did a good job designing how they come out because if you stand in front of the car, the shape of the top edge of the door looks like it is a puzzle piece the fits against the hood when that is up also, if you understand what I mean? The lines are perfect! I'll try to capture that in a picture. If you want to see all the pics of things done so far, check out my facebook photos here of this car and a 2011 chrysler 300 we recently did. The 300 is coming back this week for a bit one, and same speaker setup front and rear.

Finish Line Window Tinting - Photos | Facebook

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Are the 2011 300s nicer then the earlier ones sound wise?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unfortunately I can not answer rthat as I have not heard an older one. The new ones sound pretty good from factory though, could definitely benefit from the Bit One. They have the 6-speaker alpine which also includes a factory sub in rear deck. Overall, the new 300s are a sharp car, built well, solid, I would definitely get one.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Thanks my dealer has one set aside for me to test drive on Monday. Since I bought my 11 Dodge Ram, they want to get me a good deal on this one also.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Are the 2011 300s nicer then the earlier ones sound wise?
I LOVE the 300. ive never seen one i didnt like. one of my fav cars, looks wise. and it feels confy, ive been in a newer one and they are roomy and confy :D and as a big guy thats VERY important.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts