DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've finally decided to do a build log on my 2010 F150 FX4 supercrew. I started the project 4 years ago...but had interruptions along the way which put everything on hold. Recently I've had some extra time so I started back up again, and hopefully this time I can fully completed it!;)

On to the equipment choices.....

Head unit - I'm using two---stock and an ipad mini

Processor- Bit One

Front stage- Hertz ML1600 mid bass, Illusion Audio C4 mids, and
Hertz ML280 tweeters.

Rear Speakers - Left stock to handle phone calls, and truck notifications

Amplifiers - JL slash 300/4 , JL slash300/2 . JL slash 1000/1

Subs - Two Stereo Integrity BMkiii's

Electrical - Platinum Battery up front, Optima yellow top in rear under
truck on inside frame , PowerGate isolator

Now on to some pictures...the entire floor and back wall have a layer of dynamat extreme, CCF and MLV

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I fiberglassed the ipad mini were the stock headunit faceplate used to be. I left the stock OEM radio behind which will handle phone calls, setting up the bit one with an analog signal, etc.

Aso riht below the 4 wheel drive selector I installed a 4 inch monitor to handle the back up camera since the ipad cant accept an "easy" video in, and I didn't have the rear view mirror with he LCD screen in it :-(

I also customized a stock apple 30 pin to lightning connector into a right angle to allow the ipad to be charged an send the signal to the Pure i20

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Really nice work! Looking forward to the rest.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Sweet job so far, can I ask what part of NJ you're in ?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Subscribed. FYI, MrsPapasin has backup camera working on her iPad mini. Not sure I'd call it "easy" but it works pretty well. It's on our Smart "reinstall" build log.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok....can you guess what state? :laugh:

I made a template out of cardboard for the hole in the rear doors...and used the template to router out 1/4 inch plexiglass (lexan) to cover.

Then covered the doors in CCF

And then a layer of MLV just like the rest of the truck.

let me say...this truck is sooooo quiet!! (quiet on the inside) AND im running on 35 inch mud terrains, with a dual banks exhaust!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also did some electrical work...the plexiglass mount is just a mock up to get all the holes and everything right...the final one will h rounded over edges and the main power lines will have holes that they go through instead of just laying over the edge....

also...the second battery is supplying the power to the Blue Seas fuse holder which powers the all the aftermarket stuff, like LED offroad lights,AMP running boards,etc

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Subscribed. FYI, MrsPapasin has backup camera working on her iPad mini. Not sure I'd call it "easy" but it works pretty well. It's on our Smart "reinstall" build log.
Exactly..easy was the key word! I knew there were options..but didn't want to rely on wifi for it;)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
You'll be able to hear a gnat fart in this truck after he's done... goodness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks great Timeless. That ipad install is clean.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone who has worked on these trucks know that the molex plug in the door jamb is a real PITA! well I need to get 2 sets of speaker wires into the door since my midbass will be seeing 150 watts each...and the mids 75 watts. I could get away with tapping into the stock speaker wire for the mids...but then there are multiple "breaks" in the line....soooooo

14 gauge for the midbass...16 gauge for the midrange

I did have to relocate about 3 pins to other blank spots...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow... Looks like it was my over sight... I just tested the 12+ constant on the bitone.. And it's not a constant.. Some how when I did the wiring 2 years ago for the system I grabbed an ACC feed! Doh... Now I have to dig through the techniflex to see why and where I grabbed it from.. Most likely I just came off the "remote" relay instead of using the constant that feeds the relay.. Opps

·
Registered
42 Posts
That sucks, but at least you know where the problem lies.

Where are you putting your midranges? In the sails?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sucks, but at least you know where the problem lies.

Where are you putting your midranges? In the sails?
Yeah! Bit of a pita though getting to that relay.. But at least I figured out what was happening!

The plan right now is to put them in the sails...and to fiberglass the tweets into the A pillar... I figure this is a safe route bc IF u not happy with the midrange sound I can then fiberglass the sail panel to put the mids more on axis. Ford also put a nice groove between the sail and body panel which should make the blending of the fiberglass look factory

1 - 20 of 115 Posts