DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I used the JL's in my 09 super crew when I had it and they sounded amazing. I had to trim just a little bit of metal but definitely worth it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I used the JL's in my 09 super crew when I had it and they sounded amazing. I had to trim just a little bit of metal but definitely worth it.
At first glance and trial fit , i thought i was going to have to trim a good amount of metal...but after mocking up the baffle and realizing the speaker tapers as it goes back..it was minimal trimming as you noted.

my door is def heavily damped, so I'm thinking i'll have minimal rattles..and I'm not planning on running them full tilt just enough to get a little punch up front as well as anchor the sub to the front stage

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Man I need to get to work on 13 super crew cab or crew cab . What ever the biggestest cab is called by Ford 150

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Man I need to get to work on 13 super crew cab or crew cab . What ever the biggestest cab is called by Ford 150
Yeah Ford calls it a SuperCrew... I love my 2010 but I don't think I'd buy a new one...too many issues with them that Ford had decades to redesign and fix and never did..leaving the problems on the table, and the customer to deal with

I can't wait to get both in and dial the gain in to really hear what they can do

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lol funny you should post that....my 2014 ecoboost supercrew hit a washboard section on a gravel road yesterday and shut off......had to have it towed to the dealership and am still waiting to hear what's going on.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Lol funny you should post that....my 2014 ecoboost supercrew hit a washboard section on a gravel road yesterday and shut off......had to have it towed to the dealership and am still waiting to hear what's going on.
Just stalked out? I'm guessing fuse 27 for the fuel pump melted. Another awesome design fault by Ford :-( fuse legs are too small to handle the current!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
So I ended up with a slight issue with installing these ZR800's

Turned out when i used a 3/4 HDPE the speaker was way to close to the door card, hitting it at high volumes...so i rabbeted the baffle to counter sink the speaker into the door more. ends up it worked great resolving the hitting the door card issue. BUT now it hit the window...just barely but enough youd hear a clunk!

So i decided to redo the baffle completely... I used .47 inch Plxi as the main baffle using the old baffle as a template
IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8030.jpg

After testing the window..it worked awesome! So then i added the green 3/4 plexi to the dront of the baffle to act as a spacer to make sure the door card stayed far enough from the driver, and jsut put CCF on those pieces to make sure there wasnt going to be any vibrations!

IMG_8033.jpg

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Looking great and that was a wise solution for that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
@Timelessr1 - just came across this build log. Since the original pictures don't appear correctly, do you have a link to all these pictures somewhere? I have a 2012 Screw and would love some inspiration/ideas. Thanks!

Reactions: unix_usr

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just found this. Planning a install for my 2012 F-150. Nice work here. I'll b copying that 8" midbass in the door, but using at HAT L8v1 instead. Thanks for sharing.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts