DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, newbie obviously and I'll start by saying I know NOTHING about this. My truck has the base stereo and it's pathetic so I'm looking to upgrade. I utilize my underseat storage so I'm going to try and do without a sub. Here is what I'm looking to do. Please feel free to offer opinions. . . .

Front Doors - Focal 130 KP 5.25" component (received yesterday)
Rear Doors - Focal IC570 5x7 in rear doors
Amp - JL Audio XD700/5 just in case I wanna add a sub (already have the sub)
JL Audio Cleansweep - not sure why but been told I need it
PAC harness to keep stock HU (DEFINITELY not interested in changing)
Dynamat all four doors and behind rear seat

Okay, so there's my wish list I'm compiling a little at a time. So, here's a couple questions. . .

I got the 130KP's in and they were purchased from a decent web company as a complete "open box" for $250. I get them in and NO CROSSOVERS. So I call and they offer two choices. . . return for full refund or $80 back. Is there a way I can keep and utilize and be okay??

Other than the tweets in the A pillar, keeping a VERY stock look is very important!

Okay guys, be gentle. . . . . let's hear it!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey man!!! LOL, Fancy meeting you here!!! Man I'm so ready to get this upgrade figured!!!! So pi$$ed about my components!!!!!!!
the XD700/5 has crossovers built into each set of channels. Set them correctly and you will be fine.

but if you got a set of components, aka a tweeter and a woofer together with no crossover. then you will be in a bind, cuz you will need an extra set of channels to drive the tweeters. but if you go a coaxial that is just a woofer and a tweeter in one. then you should be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My components came in today but there were no crossovers in the box. I called them and they offered refund and send them back or $80 back. Guess I'm gonna send them back. ;(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, sent the kp's back for a refund. Ordered from Cruthcfield this time. Got PS130components for the front and got IC570's for the back doors. Still deciding on deadener. Amp should be in next week as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts