DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with how to install a 7"In Dash 2Din Car DVD Player GPS Navigation Stereo+CAM into my 2010 Chevy HHR that I found on E bay. I have installed a small stereo into older vehicles and this is my first vehicle I am going to try this. light in the box sells this as well
Now I know it is double-din. The car does not have pioneer and does not have onstar. I think it has LAN...if I am correct my steering wheel controls the odometer, tire pressure reading, oil life...etc
I heard without a really expensive adapter made for onstar that I would lose my door chimes and possibly other warning sounds...obviously I need those...even if the seat belt one is annoying.

Does anyone own this type of car, year, and make...this is a LT 4Cyl automatic 2.2L
Do you know how much space is behind the console where I would put the stereo?
The one I want is 154mm in width, 75mm in height, and 160mm in depth, then I need to fit the cables and stuff
What wire adapters should I buy?
What antenna should I buy?

Is there a way to hook up a license plate camera without drilling a hole in this car and it not being wireless?

Sorry for all the questions...I just have never had a car with the "LAN" in it and have never installed a camera to the car...I know the stereo I want is not name brand but I heard it was a great bang for your buck...if anyone has this stereo please let me know how you like it...thanks a million for your help!!!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Using the Metra Online site I got this:

Dash kit: 99-3302 (use 99-3302S if you have silver dash trim)
Interface module: GMOS-LAN-034 (this keeps the data-bus intact)
Antenna Adapter: 40-CR10

I don't know what head unit you ended up with but be forewarned that a lot of the Ebay "bargain" units technically have all the features that they claim but have very low-grade examples of them. For instance: the Nav interface will be slow and hard to use/update, iPod interface might be slow and not offer full access, IC chip could be lower grade and not of the same quality as what all the "name brand" radios are using nowadays. I see these come through my shop all the time because people shopped very hard for certain features at the lowest possible price without getting to demo the units first and ended up with a sub-par piece of equipment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent bought it yet, but I thought it would be good to use...do you know of any that are good for well a cheaper price? Im looking for something with backup camera and bluet tooth capabilities...thank you for the part#s!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interface module: GMOS-LAN-034 (this keeps the data-bus intact) Is this one necessary for the cars without onstar?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'm not exactly sure of the differences, but the GMOS-Lan-03 will also work. The "OS" in the part number denotes the OnStar interface and I do not know if they currently make an interface for newer Chevrolets that does not include the OnStar interface features.

As far as a unit I would recommend if I were you I'd look around at Pioneer's offerings. From what I've seen this past year they have the most competitively priced units with the features that you are looking for. The AVH-P3300BT is a unit that is getting replaced this year so there is a good chance of being able to pick it up at a good deal online if there is nowhere local for you to shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts