DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ho ok got it, must be that.
Had the same shit when I measured, 200 points or more can take quite a long time and there was always a truck/bike/jet/dog around to mess everything up :D
(What a moron to warm a hd 30 min on stand btw, or maybe they're liquid cooled now? :p)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I sometimes have prop planes overhead. I've set the mic to it's least sensitive setting, so I could crank it up and drown out any background noise. But from an anti-theft perspective, it seems like a bad idea to do that at home!

Once I get the horns and amp installed I'll go to work and tune it there, where I can crank it up without any concerns of disturbing others or getting the attention of a thief.

Also, I hate HD bikes, and I rarely use the term "hate" but damn, the bikes and their riders annoy me like no other.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
that sucks. the minis should fit in there a bit better. the jbl/selenium 2408hs are smaller drivers as well, might help with clearance on the back side.

i'm pulling my minis and selenium d2500tis out, they'll need a new home in a couple weeks if you're interested.

with idq62s and minis+d2500s, i ended up with heavy natural rolloff/valley between like 2000 and 3500. figuring how to prop up that space was a challenge. i imagine the idq8s will be a bit wider.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm working in sunny San Diego and I learned that last last there was softball size hail at home. The Miata is parked at work of has some "bad dents" and a hole in the top. One of the guys at the shop made a temporary patch for the roof. I've already started the insurance claim.

The Bronco is at home, I haven't heard anything about it yet.

I won't be hime until Friday and I leave for two weeks on the following Tuesday.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got home today and got to see the hail damage, it's pretty bad. At least 30 dents, this one is in a terrible location:

The hole in the top is right in the center. The insurance adjust will look at it tomorrow morning.

There is also a hole in the top of the Bronco, but no dents. I only have liability insurance on it, I get to replace the top myself.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The estimate for repairs is about $4k, ouch! I'll get a new top, hood, passenger door skin, taillights, new paint on the trunk, and a bunch of other little things.

The real kick in the nads was learning about my insurance policy. If I had comprehensive on the Bronco, then the deductible would cover both cars. Instead, I get to replace the top on it myself, and it's $550.

To help ease the pain, I ordered another amp for my home subs, it'll arrive tomorrow. So instead of 700 watts, I'll have 2200. That should help some, right?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I just got a call from the shop, after their estimate, it might be totaled.

They assured me that I'll be able to pull my audio gear if it is, as long as the stereo is fully functional when I'm done.

If it's totaled I'll buy another 2009+ 3rd gen with low miles and start over.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Oh man...so sorry to hear that. I was surprised when you said it was onlky around $4k from the insurance adjuster. Sounded like a LOT more money in repair labor and paint for that kind of damage.

Better start looking for replacements now just in case. Man, what a bummer. I really liked that color too.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Might want to pull them just in case now if you're able. Once they total it, if you're on the road you may not get the opportunity to retrieve that stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Once they declared my wife's car totaled we had 48hours to remove any personal belongings

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Once they declared my wife's car totaled we had 48hours to remove any personal belongings
That concerned me a bit, so I called the insurance company. They won't make a decision until the end of this week or the beginning of next. They wouldn't answer anything about having a timeline to get my stuff once they make a decision.

This kinda works with my schedule. I leave for Houston in the morning to setup a tournament and plan to return on Monday. The good thing is, I'll be close to home, so I can return early if I need to. Unlike most tournaments I'm at, I won't be the boss, and my boss will totally understand if I have to leave early. I'm really just going to this one to help make sure a friend gets off to a good start on their first gig with the company.

On the 8th I leave for 12 weeks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a damn bummer, such a nice car..

Maybe invest in a carport when you get another car? I've been looking at Palram carports myself

21 - 40 of 161 Posts