DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beginning to think about what to do to the tundra.

i like the stock HU - i know...but I'm gonna keep it. been scoping the ms-8 now that its been out in the market for a while.

need some help with speakers - thinking 6.5's in all 4 doors and tweets in the dash to replace all the stock speakers.

not sure about amp yet, want to get something that can drive all of that and potentially give me growth for subs if I decide to add them in the future - I don't need subs right now...

goal...

1) keep stock HU (i like all the integration I have - bluetooth, etc)
2) upgrade speakers - get rid of the 6x9's
3) deaden doors - already have some stuff for that.
4) add an amp + ms-8
5) provide growth for sub - if I can get an amp that will do it all, even better.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
budget?

so u looking to do just a single amp?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so as I can tell, ms-8 is about $800 (unless you guys have some awesome hookup), an amp will cost me $500-1000, speakers another 500-600 is what I'm guessing - not including any misc stuff. forgot to mention, I have some focal 6.5's that I haven't used yet, a friend gave them to me...I'm just not sure I like focal's yet. but this would save me $200 on speakers or so, just need to buy another set and tweets.

I'd obviously love to do it cheaper...if possible.

single amp would be great if I can get away with it.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
most people on here say speakers up front off an amp will be plenty loud for most builds. i use just front speakers in my crew cab truck. what do u think about that?

are u looking to buy component sets, or would u be up for raw drivers?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Sounds like you have 6x9 openings? If so, you might want to consider the Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 6x9s. They should have more midbass than 6.5s. I've heard good things about the Imagine series. Enough that i have some on order for my current build.

I've got the HAT Clarus 6.5s in my truck. They are amazing. I run them flat on equalization, just Time Alignment and although I don't have the experience of most on this site, I haven't heard better. I smile everytime I play my favorite songs.

For my new install, I'm using HAT Clarus 61-2 comps up front and the HAT Imagine 61-2 6.5s for rear fill. I'm going to put them in my truck after breakin so I can A-B them with my Clarus comps.

George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you suggesting just the front doors and not the rears? i'd prefer to have them all lit up so it would be loud.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Look up the other Tundra Builds on this site for some great ideas..

8's will fit no problem up front if they are shallow, 3" fit well in the dash locations and tweeters on the Sails. If you are spending the money on the MS-8, do a 3way up front with a 6 channel amp for now. you can upgrade to another amp for your subs down the road.

Stock deck actually puts out a pretty flat response, but is going to end up being your hurdle to great sound, consider ditching it... maybe even before you do the ms-8 unless it is the nav unit.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
are you suggesting just the front doors and not the rears? i'd prefer to have them all lit up so it would be loud.
front speakers on a powerful amp should be plenty loud. i cant turn my gains or volume up very loud before it is too loud for me anyways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts