DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I just purchased a 2011 Laramie with the Alpine audio system. It seems to work fine except that there is a shrill sound coming from the front dash and center speakers mostly when streaming music from my phone. The sound seems to be in the range of frequency for things like snare drums .. higher frequencies. To be clear I dont like it but it is not so shrill that it hurts my ears or anything, but kind of like static.... I am also not trying to make the sound better, just fix what is a problem. There is plenty of room for improvement, but those kinds of changes are not in the cards for the foreseeable future. What I am hearing is not supposed to be happening so it is not just something I don't like. I assume I could attach an audio file that would allow those interested to hear what I am trying to explain. I will see if can do that when I get a chance.

While writing this, I realize that it is possible that the sound is emanating from other speakers in the rear and I just have not noticed.

I did try putting a JBL GX302 speaker in the center since it was cheap and easy, but that did not help and may have made it worse int that the speaker is more capable of producing higher frequencies than the stock ones. This leads me, as a novice,to the conclusion that the sound is being produced by a component before the speakers.. Great, I am likely captain obvious on that revelation. ;) I was just hoping that would be an easy fix, but that did not work. So, before I install two more speakers in the corners of the dash I am doing some more research.

Any ideas or references to things I should read is greatly appreciated.

BTW, As I understand the system so far, it is an 8.4 system with a sub and I believe all the crossover work is done by the amp leaving only basic controls via the head unit.. Probably as expected.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts