DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 5 months ago i decided to upgrade my system. I was thinking amp, speakers , sub for about 800 to 1,000 bucks.Now its been years since i did any system upgrades. Nobody has big speaker boards anymore so checking out speaker took alot long then i thought it would.The speakers that i was looking at did not seem that good to me . They got loud but lacked color and depth.Then i heard focal K2 WOW( This is only my opinion) Anyway here is what i decided on.
Focal- KRX2 Front
Focal- CA1 Rear
MB Quarts- RLP-304 ( 12'' Shallow Mount)
JL-HD900/5- Amp
Alpine INA-W910- HU

Setup to start going in on monday, i'll keep you posted.And to EVERYONE THANK YOU. All of the info i got from here is priceless. O yea what budget:eek:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I hear ya on the budget.
I got my parts/pieces in and took 6 months to get it in.
Since then it's blown up into a, for me, a high priced system.
We have the same HU and amp. Good choice for speakers too.
That's going to be great in your truck.

Good luck with the build.

George

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have everything in, just playing around with some different settings.I'll have some picture soon. My computer took a dump, and i just got it working again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok now my pics. don't want to load up. So for now here is a run down.
Apine-w910, bluetooth,not working have to go back into the pac unit and try reprograming. Ipod,works well , Nav, works well,dvd, look and sound great,HD radio,works well. Have not tried the pandora. Overall very happy with this hu.
JL HD900/5, This amp is working great. Fits behind the back seat, and has plenty of power. I like the combo of this amp and hu alot.
Focal KRX2 , Took some adjusting as they were very bright, but now they are spot on for me.Very clear,plenty of depth,very happy with them.
MBQuarts 12' shallow, does the job but will be looking for a Mark iv.
I will try again with the pics. they are on my computer but i can't get them to load up

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice job. Please report on how the tweeters sound in that location. I have an '05, and naturally, have always wondered about the sail panel tweeter install. It's just so obvious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my first set of component speaker so the tweeters are new to me. With that in mind once i got use to the sound coming from that height and did some adjustment with the crossovers , i like them alot.Clean look and good sound for my taste.:D

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
that deck flushes really nice. very nice job.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Custom Addiction, The bluetooth is the only issue i am having, i think when it was programed,wrong code put in.I have next week off so i'll look into then.The temp,dvd, and compass still show on the factory screen. The volume and track buttons work fine on the steering wheel.
Eviling, Thanks, i had help or should i say i was the helper.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How do you like to sound of those subs? I've never had the chance to listen to shallow mounts. Seems like the way to go when you want under seat placement with the F150's

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll try to get some more pics. for you. This sub will thump if you turn the gain on the amp way up.I don't like pushing any speaker right to its limit.With that in mind this sub does a good job of rounding out the system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
May I ask which box you chose? I may have missed it above but I just purchased the same truck and am looking to add a woofer!

thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts