DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2011 Golf 2.5L 4 door steath install & stickerbomb

21K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  jgarcia1925 
#1 ·
hey there everyone. this install is almost totally done. i didnt take as many pictures as i should have, but oh well :)

the car is a 2011 golf 2.5L automatic. its a sweet dark blue color. she is mostly about looks than anything else, so will will mostly focus on that aspect - because she is a hippie and likes to save the planet - so good gas mileage too.

See less See more
#29 ·
well the basket for the german meistro speakers was real thick, and the surround was closer to the door and at high excursion it would touch.

the IDQ6 has the paper gasket round the basket and the excursion does not go past this gasket, so if the door is close, it kind of bumps into the paper gasket instead of the cone.

the midrange fidelity from the german meistros was really on point... but the midbass from the IDQ6 is much more robust. so its kind of a wash. at this point, im just happy that there is no cone taping. all that really needs to happen is i have to figure a way to make the door space 1\4~1\2 of an inch shorter and i would be in business.

i really want to find a way to fit the exodus audio anarchies in her doors... but the way VW designed these ones is much more restrictive than the MK4 version due to the window regulator being mounted directly behind the speaker location and the door panel being stupidly shaped. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.