DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
tapped before the amp. flat signal. :)

Thank you for answering! That is good to hear that the signal is flat. I have a 2013 TSX Tech Package I plan to upgrade soon with similar components. I have the bitOne & the Voce series amps with the bit in modules. For speakers, I am going with Dynaudio.

How is the noise floor level from the factory HU in comparison to an aftermarket HU?

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you for answering! That is good to hear that the signal is flat. I have a 2013 TSX Tech Package I plan to upgrade soon with similar components. I have the bitOne & the Voce series amps with the bit in modules. For speakers, I am going with Dynaudio.

How is the noise floor level from the factory HU in comparison to an aftermarket HU?
the noise floor, at least for me and some others, is high with bit ones. unless, you run digital out. so, you should be fine. it's not bad.

basically what i'm saying is, the honda radio in this case, shouldn't be your problem. running digital with the bitone is how to combat their noise floor. but to some, they think its not a problem. but since you asked, i'm guessing you're sensitive to it like i am.

·
Registered
139 Posts
tapped before the amp. flat signal. :)

JT,

I have a new 2014 Accord with the premium system and have an Audison Bit One as well. I just bought 3 mtera cables to make a female male plug and used 10 feet of 5 JL Audio RCA's to make convert the factory wires to RCA's.

Where did you plug the connection to the amp? I seen you said before the amp which I just disconnected myself and used a line driver and onto a JL HD 900/5 for now. How did you connect from the factory OEM HU to the Bit One RCA or speaker inputs?

Thanks and AWESOME build....

·
Registered
702 Posts
^^ Go to your local dealer. Ask the one of the guys in the parts Dept to let you view the service manual. Ask to photo copy the pages covering the schematics of the signals going to the factory amp.

** note I said parts dept. not service dept. going to the service writer guys will get you almost no help. **

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
JT,

I have a new 2014 Accord with the premium system and have an Audison Bit One as well. I just bought 3 mtera cables to make a female male plug and used 10 feet of 5 JL Audio RCA's to make convert the factory wires to RCA's.

Where did you plug the connection to the amp? I seen you said before the amp which I just disconnected myself and used a line driver and onto a JL HD 900/5 for now. How did you connect from the factory OEM HU to the Bit One RCA or speaker inputs?

Thanks and AWESOME build....

i basically did what you did. i added female rca's to the input of the amp, then ran an RCA back to the bit one input. sounds like you are good to go already.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i basically did what you did. i added female rca's to the input of the amp, then ran an RCA back to the bit one input. sounds like you are good to go already.
JT,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was under the impression I needed a line driver. I will try it the way your doing it.

Thanks and awesome build once again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the 2010 with premium without navy, I have the signal coming before the OEM amp to a bit ten D, (to the aux RCA input) and I am having small issues with noise and sometimes alternator whine...any suggestion?

I was about to try a PAC ground insulator as a momentary band-aid, according to a recommendation from an expert in this forum what I really need is a line driver, so I am looking for it in the future.

any suggestion or advice that I might need to try before the line driver?

Thanks!!!

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have the 2010 with premium without navy, I have the signal coming before the OEM amp to a bit ten D, (to the aux RCA input) and I am having small issues with noise and sometimes alternator whine...any suggestion?

I was about to try a PAC ground insulator as a momentary band-aid, according to a recommendation from an expert in this forum what I really need is a line driver, so I am looking for it in the future.

any suggestion or advice that I might need to try before the line driver?

Thanks!!!
what kind of noise? just floor noise? the bit ten, bit one are a bit noisy unless you use digital. shouldn't be any engine noise though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey JT,
A few more questions. When you tap the signal going into the factory amp. Did you cut the wires so it does not send anymore signal to the factory amp? Or is it just a parasitic tap feeding off to the audison amps and the stock amp at the same time? Reason for asking has to do with the ELS system in my car. I hear that if I disconnect the signal going to the factory amp or the amp itself, I loose volume control & a few other functions.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey JT,
A few more questions. When you tap the signal going into the factory amp. Did you cut the wires so it does not send anymore signal to the factory amp? Or is it just a parasitic tap feeding off to the audison amps and the stock amp at the same time? Reason for asking has to do with the ELS system in my car. I hear that if I disconnect the signal going to the factory amp or the amp itself, I loose volume control & a few other functions.
must be different with the accord. the amp isn't even in the car anymore if i remember correctly. i definitely remember that at least one plug with the inputs isn't plugged in to the amp anymore.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts