DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I need to update that video, it's much much better with the Morel front stage and Illusion Audio C12XL.
Outstanding build JT. I am starting my Thesis journey and thinking about pairing them with Esotars.......

Were you running the Thesis amps in Class A or high current mode?

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Outstanding build JT. I am starting my Thesis journey and thinking about pairing them with Esotars.......

Were you running the Thesis amps in Class A or high current mode?
they are not in class A...if you haven't used them before, they get really hot, and fast. make sure you have plenty of circulation. there's a army of fans under that panel. the only way they would keep running without shutting down. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
they are not in class A...if you haven't used them before, they get really hot, and fast. make sure you have plenty of circulation. there's a army of fans under that panel. the only way they would keep running without shutting down. :(
Thesis I have not used (still need to fire them up). Many other Class A amps I have (including home audio). They all run hot due to the bias of the transistors (the Q-point is placed so the transistor stays in active mode). You are correct and I would never run any Class A amp without good cooling.

The heat should be worth the sound though. :laugh:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts