DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. What would be the best recommended set up for my equipment?

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and I'd like to keep the factory HU because of all the functionality it provides, so I'll be sending the high-level outputs of the factory amp into the Alpine PXE-H660 for channel summing and processing - after that its fair game.

I have the following equipment already and would like to use it for now:
(1) Alpine PXE-H660
(1) Alpine MRP-F450
(2) Alpine MRP-M850
(2) Rockford Fosgate P3D412
(2) Kicker KS Components 650.2
(2) Kicker KS Coaxial 650

Attached are the system diagrams I have come up with so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
You want to tap in before the oem amp has a chance to eq or filter anything.
Then i would use the second example but bridge the kickers to keep the gains and noise floor down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You want to tap in before the oem amp has a chance to eq or filter anything.
I would, but the factory HU sends the audio to the factory amp via S/PDIF and I'm not sure if the PXE can handle that format.

Does anyone know if I can send the digital S/PDIF format directly to the Alpine PXE-H660 processor?

Then i would use the second example but bridge the kickers to keep the gains and noise floor down.
Can the Alpine F450 handle a 2 ohm load while bridged?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears that the H660 cannot handle digital inputs like this. If anyone knows differently please let me know. Also, it appears that the SPDIF might not carry all the information -- it looks like the CAN may also carry some info that would be lost if I connect prior to the amp.

The components are 4ohm total, but each individaul speaker appears to be 8ohm, so if anyone else has any suggestions on my set up it would be appriciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts