DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 grand cherokee with the 730N radio. I'm going to run 2 additional amplifiers in the truck and I'm looking for a switched power lead in the back of the truck to turn the amps on and off. I'm using an accessory lead right now and it's a problem because the sound processor and amps will stay powered for some time after the radio shuts off.

My problem is that when I push the button to stop the engine from running (shut off the truck), the radio stays on until I open the door (this is fine), when I open the door the radio shuts off, but the accessory stays powered (not good). Since the accessory is powered, the sound processor and amps are powered and it makes one hell of a racket.

My amps are being turned off by my sound processor. I'm using an audison bitone which has a remote (DRC) that's mounted up front. When I remember to turn off the sound processor then the power to everything else is turned off so there's no issue. When I forget to turn off the processor then the amps remain powered and I get the crazy noises.

My previous car had a remote lead from the radio so I used that to turn everything on and off. With this truck I don't know what to do for "switched power". I'm looking for a 12V power source, preferrably in the back of the truck, that will kill the power as soon as I push the button to shut off the ignition. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know on the 2012 Overland there's a rechargeable flashlight that mounts to the drivers rear quarter panel. There should be a switched power wire back there for that (not sure if it stops charging when the truck is off, but I would assume it does).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,

The bitone has a signal sensing circuit to turn it on and off so I've been using that for the time being. It works pretty well.

Using the power to the flashlight charger is a great idea. I'm going to try that when the weather improves. It's been raining a lot and the next week looks to be really wet as well.

What equipment are you guys running in your trucks?

Where are your amps? Did you move the spare?

Has anyone had any success in deadening the back of the truck? The plastic parts all around the hatch vibrate like hell after 6 months of the 12's banging away. I have the steel behind them deadened, but since the plastic isn't attached very securely the "loose" edges vibrate like crazy at certain frequencies.

I hope to hear back from you guys,

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts