DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had a Viper 5704 installed along with smartstart GPS and a DEI backup battery and I believe FLCAN module. The first problem I am having is after the vehicle shuts down from remote start if my headlights are on the auto position they will not turn off unless I open and close the door. Second problem, when I exit the vehicle from driving I arm the alarm and after a short while my parking lights turn on by themselves for no apparent reason. So I went back to the shop last night and we messed around with a few different things like tricking the vehicle to thinking the door was opened so the headlights would turn out which worked. So we put everything back together and discover my led which is mounted on the antenna is not working. We then grabbed another wire and antenna from another alarm and came to the conclusion the brain was defective
So we grabbed a brain (same model number) from another alarm and swapped brains. So the new problem is I will remote start the vehicle while the alarm is armed. I will then disarm the alarm turn the key to the on position, put my foot on the brake and put the vehicle into drive, the alarm will start sounding and it will try to start the vehicle while the alarm is going off which is grinding my starter. WTF PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
239 Posts
sounds like a bad tach wire.... Most nissans have muddy tach wires and need a tach generator. one way to test start the car and push and hold the valet button. The led should light up. only other thing that can cause this is a bad ground.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Before tricking the car into thinking the door was open, does your titan have a position on the light stalk that says "auto"? I know on my G35 if I leave it on auto, and remote start the car, then turn it off, the lights will stay off and drain the battery until like you said, you open the door.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before tricking the car into thinking the door was open, does your titan have a position on the light stalk that says "auto"? I know on my G35 if I leave it on auto, and remote start the car, then turn it off, the lights will stay off and drain the battery until like you said, you open the door.
Yeah but I can manually turn the headlights off and on until I figure out a solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts