DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, this us the Versa that we built and everyone loved at finals of 2018. Took first and third in its respective classes that year.
The car is in good shape. The engine was swapped for a more reliable one that has about 35k on it. Manual transmission. The only damage is on the front bumper as a landscaper hit it, but it's not major. The car was purchased from the scumfuck previous owner, and the title, which I have, is still as he gave it to me as I never registered it. I planned on building this for myself, but frankly, I'm way to busy and need to put my customer's projects ahead of this.
The install from 2018 was mostly removed. The only thing that remains is the insane A-Pillars that house the Audio Technology midrange drivers, and a standard 104mm faceplate tweeter. A pair of audio technology mids will be included. The fiberglass mold and baffle of the trunk floor is still installed and included. It was made for an Acoustic Elegance SPB15. Extended seat rails also included and are already installed. Made out of square stock and grade 8 hardware, so it's solid. So essentially all you need to do is build kicks, install a radio, install a sub, and install amps/processor and you have a car that is ready to do work in the competition lanes. That being said, I am willing to sell it as is, but I would LOVE to build it for whoever wants it. I was planning on going with bigger vents in the kicks, which is halfway done already, and removing the rear seats for amps so there's more room in the trunk to do 2 or 3 subs. If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know as it's my preferred way to go about this. Brand new Singer high output alternator also included (not installed yet)

We did not do the wiring in this car

Car is a manual

Do not waste my time, as I don't really have any to spare right now.. Price is firm as it comes with everything mentioned (pillars, tire well baffle, Audio Technology mids, seat rail extensions, alternator, wire, etc), as well as a new dashboard if you want to try something else.

Again, car can be sold as-is, or built to your liking. We can also ship it. Message me if genuinely interested, and I can get you more pics. More pics of the build can be seen in the photo albums on the Apicella Auto Sound Facebook page.

PRICE AS IS: $3500

Reactions: j-man and The Dude

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
🤡 lol

Also, I know there was an AE SPB15 in there previously but just wanted to mention that an AE IB15AU would also be direct replacement and may actually be slightly better suited for true IB.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Classic. Take the time to hide the previous owners face but not his license plate number :)

Ge0

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Dont think he really gives a **** about the previous owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I get that. I'm a sarcastic guy :).

Ge0

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
im more curious about the story behind said owner
I'm going out on a limb here and speculate. Please forgive me if I am way off base.
1.) Nick busts his ass and lays out time and money to get J#%$ Douche-bags car ready for finals
2.) Douche-bag wins some trophies at finals
3.) Nick ends up with the title to Douche-bags car.

Somethin' tells me this has to do with Douche-bags failure to pay his bills. So, Nick collected the only way he could. Hopefully Team Zapco did not condone this behavior.

Ge0

·
ROCKY TOP
1,785 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and speculate. Please forgive me if I am way off base.
1.) Nick busts his ass and lays out time and money to get J#%$ Douche-bags car ready for finals

Somethin' tells me this has to do with Douche-bags failure to pay his bills. So, Nick collected the only way he could. Hopefully Team Zapco did not condone this behavior.

Ge0
I’d say u are a pretty damn good speculator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Alright. Let's stop polluting Nick's post. Free bump...

Ge0

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Ge0
you are very, very close.

Order of events as my **** memory remembers them..

. Josh wants to buy Brax MX4's for versa. Turns out they're discontinued, but i pull some strings and have Audiotec fischer make him a pair of them. I give them to him at dealer cost (which i will NEVER, EVER do for anyone ever again, no matter how good of a customer they are. To all future regular customers of mine, say thanks to josh for zero chance at any discount whatsoever)

. Brax amps take about 5 or 6 weeks to make normally. These were about 6 weeks even though they were discontinued. I think after that time, Josh realized that he's a broke mother ****er who can hardly afford to feed his kids, yet takes out loans to spend high dollar figures on competition car audio gear and installs

. Josh throws a (what i assume to be a fake) ***** fit that the amps arent here yet (they were getting unloaded from a pallet in Canada at the time of said ***** fit) so he can give himself leverage for a refund. His excuse at the time though, was that his daughter had an emergency room visit and that insurance wouldn't cover it because he "went to one hospitals ER and not the other". Turns out one of my customers works very high up in the health insurance industry, and my father manages the local hospital. Both confirmed that he was 99.9% full of ****. I never told him that i knew he was full of ****.. side note, who the **** uses their own daughter as a scapegoat to their own scam.. that's low

. I tell josh that i cannot give him a cash refund for a product i do not stock, let alone something that is discontinued and then was custom made just for him. I would have been stuck with amps and without thousands of dollars. We work out that i can give him store credit, which is normal for any custom product return. MSC America is a lovely group of people who did what they could to help me in this situation so i could offer him that

. Fast forward a month or so to MECA build season. The versa is essentially maxed out on what its potential is without spending 5k+ on very minuscule upgrades. I convince him to just buy another car and I'll buy the versa. He agrees and decides to buy Matt Roberts Nissan Murano. I found this hilarious, since Josh would always talk **** about robb bess buying kirk profits car. Turns out he was just jealous that he couldn't win.. go figure

. We do the deal, i buy the versa and he buys the murano. But wait.. I have a 5 or 6 month wait list at the time. He ships the car to me without even asking if we could work on it at that time, but i don't say anything since he gives us consistent work since he's such a damn addict with this hobby. "But wait, there's more!"... I also give him a discounted labor rate since he gets so much work done here. Oh.... AND he supplies his own old and sometimes malfunctioning gear (happened in this case) so not only is he getting a discounted rate, i am also not making a dime on gear. whatever. It was still enough to pay rent and pay kevin.

. 1 week in, we do some work to the murano. start with the kicks and IB through the trunk floor. But, we also had other cars to finish up that were there before his. We finish those cars when we're almost done with the kicks, and 3 weeks in, he's not happy that he's not getting updates. He pulls some weird, childish **** and shows up unannounced (not a problem), but has some passive-aggressive attitude that he does when he's not getting what he wants. I explain to him why we "only have the kicks done" (which took a week+ on their own, since they were 12" subs IB in the kicks. it was insane).. He doesnt get it. He doesnt understand that work like that takes time. He leaves, satisfied or not, im not sure

. fast forward a few weeks, maybe 6 or so weeks into the build. My bank account info gets stolen. I wake up with over 15k missing from my bank account and im negative. In the long run, it took 7 weeks to get my money back. But in the meantime, i started bringing in other small jobs so i could pay rent and salary. I couldn't just tell my landlord and employee "yeah, i don't have any money right now and don't know when i will so i cant pay ya right now". I never bother telling josh since frankly, its none of his business what my financials are and he is still months ahead on my wait list anyways.

. Josh keeps asking about lengths and amounts needed for Zapco Symbilink cables. What josh doesnt understand is that we are not at that part of the build yet and any number i would give him would be a guess at best and would do no one any good. I keep telling him "idk, we're not there yet".

. Soon enough, Josh makes another unannounced visit. This time, the passive aggressiveness was at an all time high. He REALLY wanted to know what length and amounts of cables and adapters he needed. Turns out, we would have gotten to that info that exact day. We actually got him that info that day within the hour since we were starting the amp rack that morning. But not before a good ol' fashion pissing match. I explain to him about the money, the wait times, the discounts, etc.. he kinda calms down, but i was able to tell it was only externally. He was still pissed that he wasn't getting his dick sucked. Oh one more thing about this day.. 2 days prior, i texted him to let him know that his credit was used up (and would let him know where we were at every now and then, it was never a surprise). He thought i was being a dick just saying "give me money", but all it was, was me saying "hey, heads up". I reminded him again before he left and told him exactly this... "Your credit ran out two days ago. I will do you a favor and wipe those two days, they're on me. From here on out, Kevin is working on your car and only your car until the day it is done. You are getting 8 hours of work a day, minimum until it is done. Your hourly rate is X per hour, so that means that every day that goes by that i don't tell you the car is finished, it costs you another XYZ". He acknowledges and understands this. Side note, since this car was already built by someone else and we planned to modify it extensively, we really didn't know what to expect.

. 16 or so more days go by, and the build is done. I let josh know. He says great, but i think i also want to add an iPad custom molded to the center console. I say "we can do that, it'll probably take X amount of time and cost X amount of money. But tbh, i don't suggest it. It would be in an uncomfortable position to control".. i literally talked myself out of a 4 digit sale just because i wasn't sure how he would think of the end result of his own idea. Trust me when i say, i am not a salesman. I am not here to take anyones money. Even people that i don't like and know i will never do work for again.. (yes josh, i was planning on cutting you off after this build. I should have listened to the many people that warned me not to work with you in the first place, but i knew about your scummy tendencies and always made sure i made out somehow. This would have been the last time as i knew it was getting to be about that time that i would get ripped off by you, as you do to everyone you have work on your car, but you got me this time)

. I go over the bill with kevin. We go into insane detail putting down time and materials for what this build took. I wrote the most detailed bill by far that i have ever written, because i already knew he would try to argue it. After kevin and i went over it, i subtracted another 10% of the labor time to give the benefit of the doubt, like if kevin or myself answered a phone call, email, got distracted, etc.. Bill came out to XYZ. I told Josh i am going to send him the bill before he should even try to persuade me to do the iPad in the center console.

. He gets the bill, and i get a phone call.... "ummmmmmm, okay i didn't expect that". how the **** did you not expect that? did you not hear my when i told you about your rate and each day that would pass? or are you just a retard that cannot do math? he literally expected the extra 16 or so days of work to be an extra 1 or 2 thousand, even though he knew the rate. It came out to about $9500 that he owed. is what it is, but time and materials equal money.

. He says he cant afford it (surprise surprise, what happened to the kia that you had Syracuse do, Josh? lol). i tell him that's fine, but the car is not leaving until i get paid. He calls me the next day and says he can do 6k, which funny enough, was the exact number i had in my head that i wouldn't be too upset getting now, and waiting for the rest. plot twist.. I'm still waiting. Another plot twist... josh is now paying matt roberts, the most influential meca judge, to do more work and tune that car to compete in meca even though he still owes me about $3500. Thats fine. He will regret it one day.

. Figure since i am a paying MECA retailer, and Josh is a paying MECA member, i can call Steve Stern, owner of MECA to maybe do something about not only a meca member stealing services from a meca retailer, but also having the same member have the most influential judge do the install and tune on the car, which is not against the rules, but frowned upon. That was on a Thursday. He said he would get back to me early next week. I hear nothing for about 12 days. He calls and says "i have an idea, im going to call him and say XYZ". I tell him he clearly doesnt know josh if he thinks that will do anything for anyone. I then ask him 'How many times have you called him and how many times has he answered".... turns out he called multiple times with zero answer, go figure. this was back in late feb/early march. It is now August 5th and i have not hear a word from Josh, who promised to get me my money, and i have not hear a word from Steve Stern, who has promised to give me a call for about 4 weeks now through message of other higher up meca judges. At this point, i don't expect to see my money, and i don't expect steve stern to actually do anything about his members stealing money from meca retailers, as well as other meca retailers and hosts in the past (i can list 5 other people he's ****ed over before me, all of which were tied to MECA). What i do expect is for Josh to regret not paying me, one way or another.

If you see him at a show, say hi to him for me..

Also, his username on here is D34dl1fter

side note, car is sold.

·
Banned
338 Posts
What a lame mother f*#er. Its really devastating when someone feels like stealing from you. Whether its your time/work or just straight up stealing someones wallet at the end of the day its about the same morally IMO.

Reactions: SkizeR

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Oh man. Would sure be a bummer if someone just.. spilled soda allll over his **** when its being shown off

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
This story reminds me of the legal battle I have going on with this old surly ***** from Sarasota Florida. She entered my dads home while he was going through life threatening open heart surgery and wrote herself a check from his savings account for $20K. She claims he wrote the check and he wanted her to have the money as a gift. I knew my dad well enough. He would not have done this no matter how down and out he was. He was left in a coma and passed away post operation so we have no way to tell. Fighting this damn battle remotely from Michigan in Covid time has proven quite challenging. Legal fees will exceed money lost / stolen.

My sis and I need this money to pay his bills. UGHHHH!!!!

Ge0

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have always done my own installs, so I never considered that some don't. Now that I have learned he doesn't do his own installs and I see this pic, I find it equally amusing and pathetic that anyone would pose for trophy pics on an install they had no involvement in. "Look at me, I paid for (or scammed) this winning car install." I will think this every time I see a car audio trophy now.

Many years ago I asked a shop how much fiblerglassed kicks would cost. I was quoted $800. I thought it to be too much and did them myself with my brother's help. It was a cool learning experience for us and only cost me about $350 in materials (plenty extra). However, I learned that $800 was actually not bad given the couple of days of time invested if you consider your time valuable. Point being, install seems expensive from the outside, but from the inside it definitely looks different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I have always done my own installs, so I never considered that some don't. Now that I have learned he doesn't do his own installs and I see this pic, I find it equally amusing and pathetic that anyone would pose for trophy pics on an install they had no involvement in. "Look at me, I paid for (or scammed) this winning car install." I will think this every time I see a car audio trophy now.

Many years ago I asked a shop how much fiblerglassed kicks would cost. I was quoted $800. I thought it to be too much and did them myself with my brother's help. It was a cool learning experience for us and only cost me about $350 in materials (plenty extra). However, I learned that $800 was actually not bad given the couple of days of time invested if you consider your time valuable. Point being, install seems expensive from the outside, but from the inside it definitely looks different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I will agree to disagree with you on this point. There is no shame in having a professional do install work for you. However, if the creation is entirely the installers without your direct input what fun is it in that? This just borders on posing as you suggest. However, if i went to an installer with a vision of what I wanted but lacked the skills / tools to do it myself. Then I say have at it ole chap!!!

Ge0

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened to you. With your business do you require a certain amount up front? We started requiring a percentage based deposit on all installs before we start. It has helped separate the thieves from the more honest. You should see the look on some of the customer faces when we notify them. They are shocked and even offended that we require a deposit. Not worth the headache.

·
Banned
338 Posts
I will gladly pay you next Tuesday for a stereo today.... don’t worry I’m good for it... But yeah can you not deposit this check until next Friday? Lmao :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts