DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up several of my favorite Floyd discs from BestBuy and let me tell you these sound fantastic! I've been rocking the original CD masters from when they came out in the 80's and the new remasters blow them away! Just finished listening to "The Wall" on headphones and the detail and depth is SOOOOO incredible. It's almost as if they have been rerecorded. LOL! Don't hesitate BestBuy has these for $9.99 single discs and $19.99 for the double discs. Unless you have SACDs, you will not be disappointed.

Chuck

·
Registered
946 Posts
I did "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" show.:blush: Was pretty incredible! I guess that was early 90's.

Thanks for the heads up on the CD's though. I have noticed some of my older CD's are not as dynamic as some of the newer releases as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just picked up several of my favorite Floyd discs from BestBuy and let me tell you these sound fantastic! I've been rocking the original CD masters from when they came out in the 80's and the new remasters blow them away! Just finished listening to "The Wall" on headphones and the detail and depth is SOOOOO incredible. It's almost as if they have been rerecorded. LOL! Don't hesitate BestBuy has these for $9.99 single discs and $19.99 for the double discs. Unless you have SACDs, you will not be disappointed.

Chuck
did these just come out? wow. now i gotta pick new copies of dark side of the moon!

what headphones do you use btw?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ooooh!!! Did they do all of the albums? A bit much on most days, but Animals is the best. Fully dystopic, but without the pomp of The Wall

"Echoes", any one? Would love to "see" remastered audio of Live at Pompeii

Just at Best Buy?

Why in Tech and Adv?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ooooh!!! Did they do all of the albums? A bit much on most days, but Animals is the best. Fully dystopic, but without the pomp of The Wall

"Echoes", any one? Would love to "see" remastered audio of Live at Pompeii

Just at Best Buy?

Why in Tech and Adv?
They did everything! Complete catalog! There is a box set that has everything accept what the "immersion" sets have. If you have money to burn they also have released multiple disc sets of the major albums called "immersion" editions that have several live albums on CD, and different Quad mixes, 5.1 on DVD and Blu-ray and a bunch of other stuff like a scarf! Everything is available at retail outlets. It was just at BestBuy that I relinquished part of my paycheck for the individual albums.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
meh, i was 'at' the wall live in 1981 :D
They only did that 1981 concert twice in the USA.
Once in LA and once in NYC.
Tickets were impossible to come by.
How did you pull that miracle off?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did these just come out? wow. now i gotta pick new copies of dark side of the moon!

what headphones do you use btw?
I listen with a pair of Audio-Technica monitor phones ATH-50, $160 around the web. Not exactly budget phones, but for my budget they sound absolutey fantastic. Lots of reviews around the net rate these highly.

Chuck

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went to the "Delicate Sound of Thunder" show at Camp Randall in Madison, WI. in 1994ish. Still one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are the liner notes all the same still?
The liner notes are fairly straight forward. There is the usual info about the band, complete lyrics and some photos/artwork. Nothing too fancy, but some reviewers on Amazon thought it was very lacking. Some of the original CD liners had almost zero info. "Meddle" had the track listing while "Wish You Were Here" had nothing but the cover picture. The box set of everything supposedly has a 60+ page booklet, for whatever that is worth.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
We have James Guthrie to thank for breathing new life into these recordings I believe. He was also behind the mixing board for Roger Waters "The Wall- Live in Berlin". I'll be picking up the new mix of my favorite PF album "Animals" in the next day or so.
I saw them in '87 on the second night of two straight soldout shows in Lexington, KY. 17 rows from the stage, middle of the floor and it was amazing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll skip this reissue as I already have the Doug Sax "Shine On" boxset, which sounds fantastic in direct comparison with the normal CD issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts