DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would start a thread where I could keep track of my progress

My install will be focused on being clean with not much equipment being visible and appearing some what stock.

15% tint and clear bra on bumper, 1/4 hood, fenders, side mirrors, rear bumper installed by Eco-tint Las Vegas, NV.

Eclipse726e w/ stock USDM dash bezel:

I don't like how the dash kits fill the gap with black abs plastic so I got the dash bezel from the JDM wrx that is standard double din size.

Waiting to be installed:

-CDT ES-620 6.5" 2-way components.

-JL Audio HD900/5

-Audio control 2XS crossover.

-Knukonceptz 4ga. Power, 16ga. Speaker, 10ga. sub wire.

-Remove interior install Fatmat sound deadening on doors, roof, floor board, trunk and Second skin luxury liner pro on floor board.

What's left to buy:

-Audio Integrations perfect fit fiberglass 10" sub enclosure.

-Image Dynamics IDQ10.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice!

I'm subscribing to this one... your car is IDENTICAL to mine; I also have a SWP 2011 WRX Sedan (no spoiler, no sunroof).

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sounds good, but skip the fatmat. Unless I am mistaken, that has asphalt in it right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, but skip the fatmat. Unless I am mistaken, that has asphalt in it right?
I've had good results with it in the past with it sticking very good even in las vegas summers (115+ degrees) and doing a good job of killing any vibrations and road noise. I would like to second skin damp pro my whole car but it would cost upwards of $550 for material alone when the same amount of Fatmat would cost $125. I could go the second skin route but I don't feel like the cost to benefit is there since I know the Fatmat works well and wont fall off my doors. When I did my Diesel truck I completely stripped my interior and then laid the fat mat down it was quieter in the cab with Fatmat and no interior vs. interior and no Fatmat and it just got better from there when I put the interior back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sounds like it's going to be a nice build, but just fyi...the IDQ may not fit into the AI enclosure, but verify with audio integration. you may have to enlarge the hole or they may be able to do it for you. if you get it to fit the AI box, the sedans AI box airspace is perfect for the IDQ.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got around to starting the install so here is some pics...
I used fatmat because I had a lot left over and didn't want it to go to waste.

That's where I'm at right now, that's all the connections for the jl amp

I could have took more but I never think of it while I'm doing the install

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Audiocontrol 2XS mounted under pass. seat above JL amp.

View with the seat all the way forward and seat back straight up.

With seat all the way back and reclined.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
That is exactly where my HD750/1 is mounted lol...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should have this on tuesday and a Dayton Ho 10 will be going in it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my box today and the quality of it is amazing and it fits like a glove into the corner of the trunk.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nice now get a grill so you dont have to worry about that water hitting your sub.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Subscribed, nice install.

I put my amps in the same locations. Gotta love the hvac vents under the seats and a nice basin to mount the amps. I already finished my sound dampening job (down to the sheet metal, Raamat, Ensolite and MLV...still have those pics somewhere) and put everything back in a month ago.

Just got my HD 1200/1 via fedex today and waiting on a HD 600/4. Will most likely be running the CDT ES-62is up front (maybe the ES-06 instead, havent decided) bridged on the 600/4. Will be running a single W7-3 to the 1200/1 in a JL spec slot ported box. Oh, and it's a hatchback. That should hurt my head :)

Will post pics once I get back and do the work. Leaving for vacation in the morning.

2012-sti-hatch-1-w7-3-advice.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

Nice installation! Did you bolt the amp? How did you do?
I have to do the same installation in my car. I wanted to atached the ampr under the seat on some MDF.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts