DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum. Also, new to my 2011 Subaru WRX hatchback. I love the car but the sound is TERRIBLE!

So from previous installations I have some pretty decent equipment but I would like to get your opinions on what I should do next.

My front door panels rattle like crazy, I got them sound deadened with RAAMAT and ensolite this weekend but the passenger side still rattles. I plan on doing my front stage with my Dynaudio System 240GT in a set of kicks so that shouldn't be an issue much longer. Rear fill will be stock units, I'll probably need to get those doors deadened also. Headunit will be replaced with a Pioneer AVIC Z120BT. Sub is a Pioneer TS-W256DVC 10". Dual 4 IIRC.

Question is what amp should I use? I'm really trying to go simple this time -- use a nice Class AB 5 channel amp and be done. I have a JL 500/5. I also have a Zapco 1000 and two O/S XTANT 2200ix amps. I don't want to use them b/c they are huge. Great SQ but they are too bulky. I was also considering JL's full range XD500 series but I'm not sold on using Class D tech (full range or not) for something like a SQ front stage.

I'm still a noob so please point me in the right direction! Thanks :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that last thread didn't really clear up the question of whether a full range Class D can sound as good as an AB amp lol

I think I'm going to play it safe and stick with my hybrid 500/5. thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts