DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I own a 2012 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT Ecoboost 3.5L truck.

3.55 Axle ratio
6.5 foot bed
Front bench seat with fold down middle seat / semi-console
Steering Wheel controls
Sync system
No navigation
No entertainment
No rear-view camera, bus has back-up sensors
No Sirius radio - because the dealer didn't know how!!! The panel has the SAT button, but no idea how to add the stinking module

It seems like I am surrounded by incompetence. I don't mean to sound offensive, but I am very upset. Please bear with me.

Why can't I find a single person that has upgraded the factory sound on my model??? Everything I own it's like exploring a new damn frontier! Come on, it's 2014. Someone, somewhere has to have been fed up enough with stock sound to upgrade.

People have recommendations, but for every car (truck) but mine. I thought the place that did my upgrades knew what they were doing. I now know different. How does an installer screw up an install? Do you not look at the manuals?

I do NOT want a $20,000 competition system. To my humble ears, my DIY system sounded great for about $1,500. But, I no longer have the time and patience to tinker myself.

What I want is just pure, clean sound. I abhor after market decks, only because of visibility. There is no doubt that they sound 1000x times better than stock. But, I had my battery cables cut 3 times for said DIY system.

The gear I have should work, especially if you read all the propaganda.

Audio Control LC7i
JL Audio Evolution C5 - Components (F), Coaxial (R)
JL Audio Stealthbox Sub
JL Audio HD 900/5

If I needed heart surgery, you bet I'd pick a doctor who has performed multiple surgeries. Why is car audio so different???

I have a new shop. I am crossing my fingers for the best. But, I swear if things don't work I want to go postal...

If anyone knows anything, or knows someone... Please let me know.

Information found via web

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my first OEM integration, and it's leaving a very sour taste in my mouth so far.

Now, back down to design basics. This is where I need direction. Getting the 2 boxes configured correctly is the challenge.

In theory, I should be able to hook the Ford speaker wires into the 3 speaker level inputs of the LC7i. This is IF the 3 wires exist. That will then sum the inputs and provide a full range output on Main Outputs.

Now to connect the HD 900/5. Do I just connect Main Outputs to the Front Channel. Or do I need to connect all 3 LC7i outputs to the 3 inputs on the HD 900/5?

·
Registered
754 Posts
By "no entertainment", I assume you don't have the sony sound system. You should be able to just connect your high-level speaker wires from the factory deck into the LC7i, then run the RCAs from there to the JL amplifier.

If you do have the stock sony system, you will need to take the high-level wires from after the stock amp or else you will lose the steering wheel controls and some sync functions. That's how it works in other Fords.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You are going to have to invoke the "if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" method. There is no way to tell from your pictures if the wiring is right. Assuming it is, you have to question if the LC7i is configured correctly. The LC7i will re-route channel 2 to output channel 3 if you are not providing a channel 3 input....you see where I am going with this as you do not have a channel 3 out of that radio. Get the LC7i Manual, read it, understand it vs. your setup and I think you will find your answers.

It could be a really simple fix and then a re-tune. As much as I would want to walk into the shop and yell I spent money, fix it, I'd rather walk in and say this is what you guys should have done, now how about a little credit. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are going to have to invoke the "if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" method. There is no way to tell from your pictures if the wiring is right. Assuming it is, you have to question if the LC7i is configured correctly. The LC7i will re-route channel 2 to output channel 3 if you are not providing a channel 3 input....you see where I am going with this as you do not have a channel 3 out of that radio. Get the LC7i Manual, read it, understand it vs. your setup and I think you will find your answers.

It could be a really simple fix and then a re-tune. As much as I would want to walk into the shop and yell I spent money, fix it, I'd rather walk in and say this is what you guys should have done, now how about a little credit. ;)
LoL, would be easier to do that if I hadn't moved over 500 miles away...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts