DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'm trying to decide on a few things for the truck. It has the factory bose system. The only things i have right now are a set of crossfire x6components, and the amps. a memphis mca3004 and another memphis mcd1500 mono(1500rms at 2ohms).

Looking at the avic-x930bt for a head unit... i need a pac audio OS4 to keep the bluetooth/onstar/steering wheel controls correct?

I'll be building a sealed fiberglass sub box under the rear seats, so i was thinking about getting four 8" subs. I like it loud, but i'm starting to lean more towards sq. I've narrowed the subs down to tc sounds epic 8(could only install 2 of these because of the dual 2ohm config... so should i use 10's?), image dynamics id8v3, elemental designs e3.8, sundown e8v2d4. Was also looking at arc audio arc8 but they only handle 150rms.. Thoughts?

Speakers im not sure about yet, open to opinions on some decent 6.5s. I like to try out new brands/equipment... i took a chance on the memphis amps and was impressed with them. sound good and plenty of power..

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I think you are missing the boat if you don't take a look at the Alpine Type R 8's
Two of them in a ported box might get it done for you

Search the forum there is a ton of reviews on them....GL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a type r 12 in a ported box sitting in the garage right now, my brother has two 10's in his truck so looking for something different. they sound pretty damn good tho

im wondering if i should just lift the seats a bit and go with 2 bigger woofers.. or if 4 8's would do the trick?

last set of subs were 2 re sx12's in a ported box.. so that got pretty loud but didn't sound very accurate. this time i'm going sealed for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts