DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, New to the forum. Been getting more interested in maybe doing a more in depth build with my car but first need to get an issue ironed out. So when I bought my car, (2012 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible) it came equipped with the Shaker 500 system (4 main speakers and two, 8 inch powered door subs) but the previous owner had installed a new center dash kit (Metra 99-5826CH Dash Kit) with a pioneer AVH-X5500bhs head unit, rockford fosgate prime R1200-1D 1200 W amp, and then I added a JL audio "12 sub because they took the previous with them. So the HU died and I replaced it with the newer AVH-4800BS and while wiring up the new connectors (previous owner did a TERRIBLE install. copper twisted together and ducktaped) I realized, my two 8 inch door subs are not even hooked up (or working). theres lots of really complicated (to me) harness kit plugs and some form of Axxess interface control box that I cant seem to find anywhere online. Im trying to figure out what things are but working backwards from the build to figure out whats going on with my subs is a nightmare. does anybody know if the shaker 500 amp that comes stock is even compatible with the pioneer HU? Why the previous owner maybe cut it out of the system? could the amp be blown? any help would be greatly appreciated and I can supply more info and pics as needed. Thanks guys and gals

1 - 1 of 1 Posts