DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a very clean install in my new car. So far I have settled on the following:

Pioneer x930bt
Jl 12w6v2 sealed
Jl 500/1
Jl 300/4

Now I need to figure it what 6.5 comps to do up front and what 6.5 speakers to do in the rear doors.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
If you don't often have rear passengers just omit the rear speakers. If you do then spend waaay less on them compared to the front speakers.

What is the budget?

Also, if you aren't too worried about sub output but want a great sub then the Dayton HO 12" would save you money and works in a tiny enclosure.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Never heard any DLS, but I'm sure there are reviews on here. Regardless of the quality you can maximize the performance of the speaker(s) by sealing the doors properly and building a good baffle. If you are not using processing, then keep each front tweet the same distance to your ear as the woofer if you can (that doesn't mean it has to be next to it).

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Going active can mean using digital processing of the crossover points and slope or can mean that plus EQ, TA.

To use active crossovers you will need separate amp channel for each speaker. For the other 2 processing features you can use TA with quasi-active setups and EQ with any setup (although still more effective with separate channels).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts