DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a system in this car. Not looking to replace the factory speakers, (two sets of Dynaudio comps). Want to keep the factory HU and bypass the factory DSP/Amplifier. I also want to add a sub. What I am looking for is an aftermarket DSP, (BitOne, 360, etc.) that will allow me to actively crossover and T/A the factory drivers and add a sub. Will be using either Arc, JL Audio or Zuki amps. Just don't know which DSP to use and may also need a competent installer in the SE Michigan area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am doing same here all you actually need is amp with hi level input
i am using focal solid 1

take the signal from front midbass wiress after original amp
fr+ is brown/green
fr- is brown/blue
fl+ is brown/red
fl- is brown/black
you dont even need remote because focal starts when it seas signal

and just add the sub

sorry didnt seen that you planning to change the amp to

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am stuck between the HU and the factory amp. I want a DSP but don't know which one. It is important to me to be able to actively x-over and T/A the factory drivers individually while also adding a sub into the mix.

Kevin

·
Registered
204 Posts
The DSP for the Dynaudio system is pretty good. You will have a hard time coming close to it. But with a good processor and lots of time anything possible. If you need any info regarding the vehicle I'll try to help whenever possible. I'm currently securing a parts list for the factory head unit using factory parts so I don't cut a single wire.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please keep me posted. how far are you from Windsor? I am trying to decide the DSP now. would really like Alpine PXA-H800 but who knows when it will be out. I like the Audison BitOne but I really want auto-tune, same with the Helix unit from what I've heard. That leaves the JBL MS 8 but I don't need the amp or the 360.whatever. Is there one you can recommend?

·
Registered
204 Posts
please keep me posted. how far are you from Windsor? I am trying to decide the DSP now. would really like Alpine PXA-H800 but who knows when it will be out. I like the Audison BitOne but I really want auto-tune, same with the Helix unit from what I've heard. That leaves the JBL MS 8 but I don't need the amp or the 360.whatever. Is there one you can recommend?
I'm in Ontario, Cali. I went for the bit Ten. I know it doesn't have auto tune but Audison is supposed to release bit Tune which auto tune for the bit processors. Whether or not it will work on a bit Ten with it being their lowest grade of processor remains to be seen. But this is my daily driver and I'm only using factory speaker locations. I only needed 5 channels. I know with the MS-8 you don't have to use the amp. I think there is even one in the classifieds that is missing the amp harness. A lot of it comes to software and it's compatibility with your PC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yellow, how did the Bit one work out for you?

I have a Volvo with the Dyn system and looking at similar approach with this exception: Wouldn't it be sonically "better" to feed the Bit Ten D directly with the digital/optical signal from the headunit and bypass the factory DSP/Amp altogether?

Since the Dyn factory speakers are wired with passive crossover components in (and voiced beautifully I must say), all I really want to do is send a full range signal from my Butler amp and use only high pass to feed subwoofer amp. In other words I have no intention of going active or time alignment.

Am I right in my assumption that signal integrity will be better preserved if I go to the Bit Ten D with the unaltered optical digital source vs from the high level outputs of the factory amp?

I asked my Audison dealer/installer and he's asking around as well but was hoping someone here might have some personal insights as well.

Thanks in advance.

Correct or am I missing something?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quick update for anybody that cares. The MOSTbus fiber optic source is a flat, 2 channel signal and it looks like NAV-TV is introducing a unit to accept this digital feed with toslink output so I should be able to use an Audison BitTen and work with pure digital signal instead of getting signal from speaker out on the factory amp.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts