DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So I have some new things planned... the PPi is getting replaced with something... bigger.. and I have some midranges on the way from partsexpress. I'm waiting for all of that before I come back to the amp rack. For now, I've just ran some speaker wire up for the drivers' side drivers...

Ran w/ some techflex that was a lil too big but oh well- I strongly prefer this over the non techflexed wires I ran last friday.

Did some heatshrink on one end, the other is on the amp end and that will need to be trimmed a bit anyways so not doing much for that end right now. This wasn't 3:1 like I for some reason thought but it works well enough..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ran the speaker wire for both sides- didn't take a photo of the passenger side run but it's basically identical... Also got one of the new toys- JL XD 600/6V2. I'm waiting on the other distro from Knu before I get to wiring the amp rack up. I have a new piece of HDPE that I'll be using.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
After a week of issues, I finally got something done:

New HDPE sheet cut for the amp rack-

New planned layout: I ordered the big boi fuse holder from knu by accident, so I'm just going to put the fuse holders underneath in close proximity.

First pass of the roundover.. Did 2-3 passes after per side to smooth it all out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Mounted the amps- I used threaded inserts in the HDPE along with some CA glue to make sure the inserts don't come loose.

Quickly did the wiring. Not too happy with both the parts express heatshrink it, as it was 2:1 and not the 3:1 I thought, and the ruined techflex on two of the cables, although that's my fault for the most part as I didn't take enough caution. Lessons learned for next time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Right so I've gotten... basically no good pictures, but I did a fair bit of work today:
-Wired power, ground, and remote for everything - amps and helix
The distros are under the rear bench in a divot where it's pinned in place by the sheet and held with some template tape while I make up something out of 1/8" HDPE I have laying around... or maybe it was 1/4". I ran out of techflex for the smaller wires, patience, and my knees started killing me so I didn't get much more done.

Ended up deciding the Helix would go here because I didn't have space behind the carpet on the left side like I thought... also.. no patience left:
Rough cut of some leftover ABS- I'll clean it up with the flush bit next week when I permanently mount it- this was just to get the wiring all done.

Two things:
1) The different krystal RCAs(v2 and v3) annoy me greatly but uh... Krystal RCAs are expensive.
2) Yeah I know my heatshrink isn't even but that was the last thing done today and I wanted another coffee.

It's unfused at the front, but it's held in place well enough by the bench for now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I ended up with a 200 amp alternator. The seller of the 250 amp alternator was playing games on Ebay and Walmart.com. Geez, I didn't take any pics of the installation and updated battery wiring. Nice work guy!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts