DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many different Audio Control Units exist for the 2013 Ford Mustang?

The reason that I as is that I have a base system with four standard speakers and the freq response is terrible. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to add an LF driver in the trunk and improve the low end response. From the wiring diagram, there appears to be a standard system with internal amplifiers that drive the four speakers in the doors and rear deck. The wiring diagram shows external amplifiers with the Shaker and Shaker Pro systems with connections to the head unit and various other sub systems such as Sync, Nav and Sirius.

The main audio connector is shown to have both standard four channel as well as LF outputs but the question is, does the standard four speaker system with sync but without sirius and nav have an LF output that is in the output connector but not wired to anything?

It would be interesting to see the Ford master parts catalog to look at the different head units that Ford offers for the Mustang to figure out what the options are.

My goal is to keep the stock system but upgrade without going overboard. Might be a pipe dream but hey, I can dream.

Thanks in advance!!!

John

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't have a ford but my 13 Charger which didn't have a factory sub was wired for the sub. But they were dead.

So what I did was tap into the rear speakers with an audiocontrol LC2I L.O.C. This unit works very well to add a sub to a factory system and lots of new cars roll the base away at higher volumes to protect the factory speakers. The audiocontrol piece solves this problem also. It "pops" the bass back in with a variable control.

It's a very nice unit IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts