DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to posting but been reading for some time.... Most my cars I just use JL audio stuff (not the c5-7 tho) and this one I wanted to do a little nicer.... Anyway, I have fiber coming from Head unit to amp. I want to keep Head Unit and I am stuck using the amp as my converter from fiber...

Car stock has 8" & 4" door speakers.
Left and Right dash 1" tweeter...
Dash center speaker and two rear speakers left and right (these I am going to leave dead)
It has a sub under dash (I will leave that dead as well)

I want more base and cleaner system. My thoughts try to get it out of the door. I really have no room unless I want to remove back seats which I do not...

MY Plan:
Door---Dynaudio MW 182, and MD 142.
Dash___Dynaudio MD 102

I want to run those above active....

So

What DSP should I use? Stay with that level??
like Mosconi 6to8, With AS100.4
or save some cash on a step down Like?

Audio Control D-6.1200

FYI this will be my first DIY with a DSP, so one that is more user friendly would be best :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have fiber coming from Head unit to amp. I want to keep Head Unit and I am stuck using the amp as my converter from fiber...
Right out of the gate; you should use a mObridge unit to tap into the fibre optic. If you try to EQ the out output of your factory amp, it's never going to sound right... trust me.
The mObridge is a direct plug and play unit for most European vehicles that use the MOST25 Fibre Optic protocol (I have it in my BMW as well).
It also has a built-in DSP. Send me a Private Message, if you want more details.

From there, you just run directly out (RCA cable) to an amplifier. If you're going to run those Dyn's active, then you'll need a 6 channel amp.
There are a number of decent 6 channel amps out there. I personally use (and recommend) MMATS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right out of the gate; you should use a mObridge unit to tap into the fibre optic. If you try to EQ the out output of your factory amp, it's never going to sound right... trust me.
The mObridge is a direct plug and play unit for most European vehicles that use the MOST25 Fibre Optic protocol (I have it in my BMW as well).
It also has a built-in DSP. Send me a Private Message, if you want more details.

From there, you just run directly out (RCA cable) to an amplifier. If you're going to run those Dyn's active, then you'll need a 6 channel amp.
There are a number of decent 6 channel amps out there. I personally use (and recommend) MMATS.
Thank you, I will PM.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I think I have nailed down some of the system for now.... With all the help I got from people on here/ and few shops, this is the speaker plan, amp/mobridge is still a work in progress...

Head Unit Work:
NM automotive CarPlay Retrofit kit

Speaker Work:
Morel Elate MW9,
Dynaudio Esotar 420
Dynaudio Esotec MD 102

Amp:
mObridge: Not sure which one (DA-G2 Standard Most25, or DA1 Digital Pre Amp Most)
Helix P six DSP MKT. ( not ordered yet tho) but it fits and will work...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have amp in and speakers in.... I have to put out a huge HUGE THANK YOU to Jimmydee. The mObridge DA1 not supporting 3.0 and only having 2.0 in the software. Being new to all this and trying to explain the issues, I have two days of emails to Jimmydee, without his help, I would still be at this!!!!

I also want to thank Car Audio Express, even though I just bought some parts (prob) not much of a big pay day, yet he has had 3 days of dealing with this thing. It was Jimmydee finding out mObridge USA had no real idea that mObridge Australia turned off 3.0 in the software. do the DA1....

Anyway, most the trim is back on the car and I tested speakers out with Apple TV fiber... :). even with a basic tune and no volume I was smiling ear to ear..... So glad I did not do the sub in the cab. ie loss of feet space....

IMG_0237.jpeg
IMG_0251.jpeg

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts