DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is the only pic I can find and it was taken after its first bath 2yrs ago. I’ve since put a rs4 grill and ecs carbon fiber intake on it. The interior is two tone black/cream with carbon fiber trim.
Glad to have a couple of fellow s4 audio nerds in here!Looks like I have some inspirational reading to do. And speaking of carbon fiber, I just got my pair of SI tm65 mkiii yesterday;) This is gonna be fun...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I loved my S4. One of the best 'bang for the buck' cars you can get (especially used).
Fast as heck. Handles well. Rock solid in 4 seasons of weather. And built like a mini-tank.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cool to see you went with the tm mk3 is there a reason you went with them instead of an 8 inch midbass since there’s space for it.

I’ve been in between an illusion c-8 and an AD w800 myself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I loved my S4. One of the best 'bang for the buck' cars you can get (especially used).

Fast as heck. Handles well. Rock solid in 4 seasons of weather. And built like a mini-tank.
Agreed. I scooped this one just off a lease for about half price w/33k mi. This is actually my second s4. I had a 2002 b5 in the same color. I loved it, but my extended warranty didn’t

Cool to see you went with the tm mk3 is there a reason you went with them instead of an 8 inch midbass since there’s space for it.

I’ve been in between an illusion c-8 and an AD w800 myself.

Money mostly. New c8s were $700-800/pr last I looked and NIB w800 neo in the classifieds we’re almost $500.The mk3s cost way less and when they went on sale last week for $100 off, well, it was too good to pass up. If they don’t give me the midbass I want, then I’ll look at other options. I’ve also used SI ht18s in a 8cuft dual opposed sub I built for my home for a number of years without issue. I know a number of others who’ve used SI drivers for years with great results as well, but I also just wanted to try out nick’s car audio products.

My “Rockbiter” sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Isn’t that little home theater sub cute? Lol. Those subs were one heck of a value and give solid output, good SQ, and depth. Great HT sub setup.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ah I understand that and yeah I definitely like his products especially his subwoofers that diy home subwoofer came out beautifully and love dual opposed subwoofers. Great job!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ah I understand that and yeah I definitely like his products especially his subwoofers that diy home subwoofer came out beautifully and love dual opposed subwoofers. Great job!

Thanks, it was a lot of fun to build. I hadn’t built anything since making a pine wood derby car in scouts millennia ago. It won three yrs in a row and then third in county. Figured it was all downhill from there, but that sub proved me wrong ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
605 Posts
Following... looks like you have a great plan...

Also part of the AudiManiac™ fraternity... first one was a 1999.5 A4, current herd is 2001 Noggy S4 Avant, 2001 A4, 2015 S3 and my wife's stage 2 2012 A7.

Shot of the herd...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Following... looks like you have a great plan...

Also part of the AudiManiac™ fraternity... first one was a 1999.5 A4, current herd is 2001 Noggy S4 Avant, 2001 A4, 2015 S3 and my wife's stage 2 2012 A7.

Shot of the herd...

That's a handsome stable. I need to try and dig up some pics of my '01 b5 s4. Did a couple of track weekends in it at Road Atlanta with my dad and we had a blast. I loved it, but very glad I had an extended warranty on it. I bought it with 44k mi and they put $8k-$10k into that car to get it to 100k. Of course as soon as the warranty was up, I had to shell out $3k for an oil leak and torque converter. Sold it right after. The b5s were fun, but not the most reliable. According to Consumer Reports, Audis got a LOT more reliable starting in 2013...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Absolutely... I'm going to restore the Noggy the best I can, the other B5 was so inexpensive that I couldn't pass on it. Needs some cooling system work and a new drivers seat... probably flip it somewhere down the line.

My 1999.5 B5 was awesome. I got to 215K and only sold it because I got an A5 for a great price. My daughter has the A5 now and lives in Wyoming. That one is over 170K.

Now back to your install... :pepper:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Absolutely... I'm going to restore the Noggy the best I can, the other B5 was so inexpensive that I couldn't pass on it. Needs some cooling system work and a new drivers seat... probably flip it somewhere down the line.

My 1999.5 B5 was awesome. I got to 215K and only sold it because I got an A5 for a great price. My daughter has the A5 now and lives in Wyoming. That one is over 170K.

Now back to your install... :pepper:

Do you work on the cars yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You’ve clearly never owned an old Audi/vw, but absolutely anything audio related as well
And based on my friends that have owned Audi/VW, my wallet absolutely thanks me! I must say that I’ve always drooled over the S4 though, amount of drool depending on year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
And based on my friends that have owned Audi/VW, my wallet absolutely thanks me! I must say that I’ve always drooled over the S4 though, amount of drool depending on year.
The extended warranty only hurts the wallet once. The warranty on my old s4 ran me about $2500 for 5yr/100k and it paid for itself about 4 times. Worth every penny...

Knowing I'd want to keep the this '14 for a long time, I bought an 8yr/125k. It wasn't as cheap as the other one, but after the last s4, I knew it couldn't hurt to have it;)

Don't sell yourself short, that new sienna of yours is no slouch. Just don't let your wife catch you trying to put speakers in it:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 66 Posts