DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a Ford F150 Supercrew cab 2014 and he's asking for system recommendations. He hasn't been able to pull the truck apart yet so we're not quite sure what there is for factory openings. Anyone out there KNOW what factory provisioned speaker mounts are in this vehicle?

Thanks.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2013 f150 screw fx4 with Sony.
Door speakers are 6x8 (5.75"x8" actual measuremt)
Tweeters are 1-5/8 outside diameter. Not sure what the factory a-pillar hole measured as mine are already reemed out. Measuring the factory tweeter grill, it looks like the cutout is probably 1-3/8".
I'll be pulling my center channel soon if you need measurements.

I put 6.5" silver flutes in the front doors, and they fit with a bracket and spacer but just barely. Need to trim a tad off the inside door panel, and I used a 1/4" high density foam spacer (read:yoga mat) to space them out far enough that they didn't hit the window mechanism.
I'm using Seas prestige 1" tweeters (https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...stige-27tffnc/g-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter/)
I used a carbide bit to grind the opening large enough to friction fit these. I can send pics if you want to see what they look like installed.
Let me know if I can help with anything else.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2013 f150 screw fx4 with Sony.
Door speakers are 6x8 (5.75"x8" actual measuremt)
Tweeters are 1-5/8 outside diameter. Not sure what the factory a-pillar hole measured as mine are already reemed out. Measuring the factory tweeter grill, it looks like the cutout is probably 1-3/8".
I'll be pulling my center channel soon if you need measurements.

I put 6.5" silver flutes in the front doors, and they fit with a bracket and spacer but just barely. Need to trim a tad off the inside door panel, and I used a 1/4" high density foam spacer (read:yoga mat) to space them out far enough that they didn't hit the window mechanism.
I'm using Seas prestige 1" tweeters (https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...stige-27tffnc/g-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter/)
I used a carbide bit to grind the opening large enough to friction fit these. I can send pics if you want to see what they look like installed.
Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Great info, thanks! I'm hoping to keep the system simple and clean, preferably a 3way active using an Alpine PDX V-9...most likely a single TC Epic 10...not sure about mid/tweets yet. I was thinking maybe Scanspeak Rev 7's but they may be too large(?) and maybe Sacn d3004's or something along those lines.

What are you use for a subwoofer setup?

Thanks again.

· Registered
9 Posts
I suspect the rev 7's may not fit, at least without cutting/rolling the metal on the inner door. The 6.5's I have are a pretty tight fit in the factory cutout.
My goal was similar. ms-8 and amps are all mounted on the back wall.
Sub is a Subdown sd-2 10" is a vented enclosure. Tough to fit anything too much deeper than that under the seat unless you go to less than 2" clearance to the floor from the baffle. I have the box drawn up in AutoCAD. It's a bit complicated, but I can sketch some dimensions if you want a jumping off point. You get the basic idea from the pics. Keep in mind that I had to cut a square out of the top panel to accommodate the sun motor. I hammered a hump into a piece of sheet metal that clears the motor, the used acoustic sealant and screws with fender washers to clamp it down. Then sound deadener over the metal prior to carpeting.

P.S. Before anyone comments, I'm aware that my upholstery skills suck. Haha

P.P.S. And I'm also aware that my garage is a disaster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.