DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, got some questions here. Did a bit of reading on how to get signal. Little confused.

I have a bit one, I plan on doing an active three way.

Seems as though working with the oem radio and amp is an issue. Was wondering if anyone had any luck retaining volume control and getting a good signal to the dsp?

Worst case I don't mind using the dsp controller to adjust volume. Hopefully I don't need a different DSP as I read somewhere that someone had issues using a bit one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I finally got started on my 2018 Ram w/Alpine but only got the power wire done before other things got in the way so I can’t help too much yet. 😂

I am also using a BitOne for my install, I decided to buy the Pac AmpPro interface for my truck including the optical adapter. I have the harness prepped with 6ch RCA as well as an optical cable so I can try it both ways. If the RCAs sound good I will likely use that most of the time so I can retain the factory volume knob and front/rear chimes.

What are you going with for speakers and amplifiers?

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got started on my 2018 Ram w/Alpine but only got the power wire done before other things got in the way so I can’t help too much yet. 😂

I am also using a BitOne for my install, I decided to buy the Pac AmpPro interface for my truck including the optical adapter. I have the harness prepped with 6ch RCA as well as an optical cable so I can try it both ways. If the RCAs sound good I will likely use that most of the time so I can retain the factory volume knob and front/rear chimes.

What are you going with for speakers and amplifiers?
I may give the PAC a try myself.
I've got three old school eclipse PA and DA series amps, MMats german carbon three way components and an audio frog 12"(that may or may not work for this setup)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts