1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 GMC Sierra Denali Build

2014 GMC Sierra Denali Build

Hey Guys!

I sure could use your guys vote. My truck has been entered in the Phoenix Gold Build of the Month.

My Build includes:
Alpine X110-SRA
Mosconi 6to8V8
Phoenix Gold Elite.4 Amplifier
Phoenix Gold Elite.5 Amplifier
Phoenix Gold Elite2.12D2 Subwoofer
Phoenix Gold DD10
Phoenix Gold Power Distribution Blocks
Illusion Audio Carbon C3 Component Set
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Midbass Set
Illusion Audio Carbon C8 Midbass Set
Stinger Pro Series Cable/Wire
Phoenix Gold Speaker Cable
Knukonceptz Power Distribution terminals and Krystal Kables

Fabrication by Kyle Golden:
Custom Door Panels
Custom A-Pillars
Custom Amp Rack
Custom Jump Enclosure

Facebook Phoenix Gold Build of the Month
Click and vote please.
http://woobox.com/tw8dew/gallery/fl5HEuZNnk0

Thanks,
Strykers_Inc
Vader62

My Truck build log can be found at GM-Trucks
Strykers_Inc 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L (Vader) - Page 22 - Vehicle Builds - GM-Trucks.com

1 - Power Distribution Center with Mosconi 6to8V8 (Both the Mosconi 6to8V8 and the Phoenix Gold DD10 are powder-coated Black / graphics to be added when finished)

2 - Amp Rack Cover

3 - Amp Rack Cover (Reverse-side)

LED lighting is controlled by mercury switches in seats. Amp rack is temperature controlled by sensors and a custom push/pull fan system.

4 - Air Intake Screens on front left and right of amp rack (form pressed mesh grills)

5 - Custom Shroud for Cooling Fan (Incoming Air)

6 - Custom Shroud for Cooling Fan (Outgoing Air)

7 - Amplifiers on elevated rack for airflow and cable routing underneath.

8 - Amplifier Rack and Jump Enclosure

9 - LED Film Logos

10 - Left A-Pillar - Illusion Audio Carbon C3 Component Set with pressure formed grills and polished black acrylic rings

11 - Right A-Pillar - Illusion Audio Carbon C3 Component Set with pressure formed grills and polished black acrylic rings

12 - Right A-Pillar - Illusion Audio Carbon C3 Component Set with pressure formed grills and polished black acrylic rings (Exterior-View)

13 - Door Panels with inlays and grills removed

14 - Left Door Panel with Illusion Audio Carbon C8 Midbass installed into Baffle/Enclosure (pressure formed grills and inlays installed)

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Awesome build!

My truck seems so plain now....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw Kyle's videos highlighting your build. I really like how the old school PG equipment was incorporated into the look of the whole build. Nice stuff!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw Kyle's videos highlighting your build. I really like how the old school PG equipment was incorporated into the look of the whole build. Nice stuff!
Thanks! Will be going over to see him on Friday to finish up. Will post more pictures after that. I think he will have another video to post.

The distro rack on the back wall was something I was doing while he was working on the enclosure and amp rack.....he is making a cover for it and should match the existing rack covers. Should be pretty clean!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Are the C6's rear fill?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the C6's rear fill?
In a way yes they are rear fill. I have them paired with the C8's up front but the gains on the Elite.4 powering them are separated by 3db. I still have to tune everything to get it just right. The rear door speaker placement is close enough to the front seats that I felt it would be cool to run them that way and see what would come of it. Still have to get the right db separation and time delay and I think it will work pretty well.

Thanks for asking!

Click and vote for me please.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dude that's awesome ! I to like the old pg mixed with the new! What head you using ? Factory ?
I have an Alpine X110-SRA, installed it, then uninstalled it. It seems that if you have a Denali, you lose functionality. I liked the Alpine headunit, but not enough for what it provides. So I am going to stick with the factory Bose 8-inch headunit and keep all my USB and memory ports, DIC, and hands free everything. Heck with the factory system I can plug in 5 memory sticks and an SD card and each one can have a music library.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Nexus 7 in dash isn't a bad option. You can retain a lot of the functionality but it takes time to setup. The Bose system is incredibility annoying in the way it integrates everything from an aftermarket stand point. I tried to keep it but the quality of signal wasn't there. It's heavily eq'd and it has HP crossovers on all channels. My bit 10 couldn't correct the HP for the sub frequencies so you're sitting there trying to eq it back in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Nexus 7 in dash isn't a bad option. You can retain a lot of the functionality but it takes time to setup. The Bose system is incredibility annoying in the way it integrates everything from an aftermarket stand point. I tried to keep it but the quality of signal wasn't there. It's heavily eq'd and it has HP crossovers on all channels. My bit 10 couldn't correct the HP for the sub frequencies so you're sitting there trying to eq it back in.
That's good to know. I haven't had any problems with signal at all. The Mosconi is quite adept to getting me what I need, and easily accessed for mods.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
The OEM response in my 2014 w/ Bose. The response doesn't seem to be volume dependent. I have yet to determine if there is any OEM T/A and if the EQ changes while driving.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The OEM response in my 2014 w/ Bose. The response doesn't seem to be volume dependent. I have yet to determine if there is any OEM T/A and if the EQ changes while driving.

[/URL][/IMG]
Can't really see the frequencies listed on your charts, but interesting. Are the front left and right listed the door signals or dash?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Can't really see the frequencies listed on your charts, but interesting. Are the front left and right listed the door signals or dash?
I made them larger but you can also click on the picture and it will take you to my photobucket where the pic will be larger also.

Front Left High=Signal from OEM Amp to Dash
Front Left Low= Signal from OEM Amp to Front Door
Sub= Sub channel signal

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I made them larger but you can also click on the picture and it will take you to my photobucket where the pic will be larger also.

Front Left High=Signal from OEM Amp to Dash
Front Left Low= Signal from OEM Amp to Front Door
Sub= Sub channel signal

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks brumledb! I will look into this further. On my Mosconi I only added the dash signal to the tweeters in the a-pillars in order to limit chime activity. Did you by other chance have another option?

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you had another source then you could just leave the stock dash speaker in place and hooked up for blinker, chimes and warning beeps. I'm assuming that is how you had it with the Alpine?

I know the kit that poc and metra make for us has a little beeper box that takes over chimes/warning beeps. I'm assuming it redirects that stuff to the box instead of the amp so you could look into that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you had another source then you could just leave the stock dash speaker in place and hooked up for blinker, chimes and warning beeps. I'm assuming that is how you had it with the Alpine?

I know the kit that poc and metra make for us has a little beeper box that takes over chimes/warning beeps. I'm assuming it redirects that stuff to the box instead of the amp so you could look into that.
The alpine uses a separate speaker for warning chimes and such which is connected to the Maestro unit.

I still have some tuning to do so I will come up with something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts