DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soind deadened along the way; did front wheel wells. Doors, under rear seat so far.

I made my first ever a pillars with fiberglass and bondo. Painted them with a hammer texture paint from a distance to make the texture. Then painted tan with a light clear coat.

Tweeters Seas Prestige
Mids Audison Voce 3.0
Midbass VW Dynaudio esotec 6.5”
Sub will be a SI IB18” in trunk baffle behind seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deadened the trunk walls and rear deck. Attached mounting board for top of baffle to screw into.

Amps will be a 6 channel US Acoustics and sub amp is undetermined.
6 channel is a big SQ amp. About same size as a Zapco 150.6. It has no crossover filters and only gain dials. Built like a tank. 150x6 @4 ohm or 450x3. I tested one of their first production runs of these and it was the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard. And big and beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All wiring to trunk is done. All sound deadening is done. Deadened the rear deck and attached a birch plywood 1x4 brace to the underside of the read deck using carriage bolts. The baffle will attach to this on top. Nothing is needed on the bottom because the baffle is made to press into place and it works!
Removed my full size tire and bought a donut spare to free up room for an amp rack that will be cooled by 4 big dead quiet fans made for home audio amps. They are usb powered so I bought a 12v to 5v usb converter that connects to my relay box turned on by the remote wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
My Lishen 36ah lithium lto bank and maxwell 500 farad supercap bank…

the Lishen will be hidden behind trunk lining and maxwell fits in a small cubby on opposite of Trunk View attachment 307895
And than we heard big boom from the amplifiers

Side note awesome job buddy

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Few more changes. My trunk was like a convection oven with the big 6 channel AB amp so switched to audiocontrol lc6-1200 for now. Added a piano hinge to make access to spare easier and added a topping dac10s to the dash. Currently I now have a topping d10b balanced just because it has slightly higher snr
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood Trunk

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Circuit component Motor vehicle
Plant Vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover
Gear shift Light Automotive design Motor vehicle Audio equipment
Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

·
Registered
996 Posts
All wiring to trunk is done. All sound deadening is done. Deadened the rear deck and attached a birch plywood 1x4 brace to the underside of the read deck using carriage bolts. The baffle will attach to this on top. Nothing is needed on the bottom because the baffle is made to press into place and it works!
Removed my full size tire and bought a donut spare to free up room for an amp rack that will be cooled by 4 big dead quiet fans made for home audio amps. They are usb powered so I bought a 12v to 5v usb converter that connects to my relay box turned on by the remote wire.

View attachment 307887 View attachment 307888 View attachment 307890 View attachment 307892 View attachment 307893 View attachment 307894
What deadener did you use on the rear deck?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What deadener did you use on the rear deck?

nothing expensive lol. I think fatmat or kilmat with some siless liner adhesive back foam over that then some auto insulation with foil and adhesive tape backing. I also always cover all holes and gaps with foil tape first.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
It looked like something inexpensive. Was it difficult to completely remove the rear deck panel? Are there lots of clips???

You have to remove the rear panels on left and right side, and there are 2 screws that hold rear deck. Once you take them out, the rest is holding by clips. I have the same car.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.