DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 611 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
One awesome car for one outstanding owner.

The floor matts - I'm sorry, that's the first thing that just jumped out there - do you have any plans to change them? They just don't seem to belong there, don't know... just me.

Superb equipment choices and as well a bigger cabin than the BRZ would give you just a little bit more "play" with your midbass in terms of tuning ability and as well bigger diameter for them on the other hand.

Since you have 8" now I suggest to set a preset at the director to be a none subwoofer mode - I believe that if you'll tune it right you might just get that one point you've lost back at the time - back to your inventory :)

Can't wait to see the build as it advances.
these are the oem audi winter mats , because it was winter then , it has the regular mats in it now

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is going to be a stellar build. Time to Ceramic coat it and keepnit protected ;) hope i get to hear it some time!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This has been done by the previous owner - it beads up beautifully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We’re twins, right down to the daytona gray!! Beautiful ride man! Looking forward to seeing what you do next! Congrats and welcome to the Audi family

I’ve really enjoyed your build thread. They did an amazing job with the install! Absolutely stellar! Thank you for the welcome! If I’m out in AZ sometime - I’ll touch base

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Filling in a little time before the install can take place......

Some of the equipment that is ready for the install.

DSP and tweeters.

Remember - Mid Range and Mid Bass is already installed.

And amps - maybe something like this configuration - not sure what the Doctor will come up with.

When I had these painted....I had asked for Ferrari Grey......I didn't know I was getting Audi Daytona Grey Pearl Effect ;) I would have done these outside in natural light, but it is raining.....so here is an imperfect cell phone pic with bad lighting, but I was surprised at the closeness of color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The amps look really good. I want to do something like this with my Zeros but can't decide on powder coating or paint. What prep did they have to do before paint?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The amps look really good. I want to do something like this with my Zeros but can't decide on powder coating or paint. What prep did they have to do before paint?
Thank you! Now....that is a great question, and frankly it has been so long ago, that I can't rightly remember. I dropped them off at a body shop - I don't believe they completely stripped the application that was already there, but they may have. My friend Steve (if I'm not completely loosing my mind) stripped his Mosconi amps down to the bare metal, then polished them to a high shine. If desired, he would be someone who could inform us on that process.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Filling in a little time before the install can take place......

Some of the equipment that is ready for the install.

DSP and tweeters.

Remember - Mid Range and Mid Bass is already installed.

And amps - maybe something like this configuration - not sure what the Doctor will come up with.

When I had these painted....I had asked for Ferrari Grey......I didn't know I was getting Audi Daytona Grey Pearl Effect ;) I would have done these outside in natural light, but it is raining.....so here is an imperfect cell phone pic with bad lighting, but I was surprised at the closeness of color.

OMG get that off the trunk ...........passes out cold ..

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
OMG get that off the trunk ...........passes out cold ..

Whatever dude......once you wake up......you will see it is on a nice foam piece - gently set down on the trunk......that good coating should be able to handle that.....right?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Whatever dude......once you wake up......you will see it is on a nice foam piece - gently set down on the trunk......that good coating should be able to handle that.....right?

indeed ... lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Absolutely love this car !!!!

Judging from the supurb equipment that's going in it... The sound system will be equally nice !!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Absolutely love this car !!!!

Judging from the supurb equipment that's going in it... The sound system will be equally nice !!

Best thing.....I have a friend who is a fantastic installer, and another who is a fantastic tuner. So I’m glad that the equipment is just the beginning.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Awesome sir.
Do you plan to have another GTG

Absolutely!!!! There will be an NCSQ Spring Meet in May 2019 - once I lock down a date, I’ll post a link to the new thread on here

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
Absolutely!!!! There will be an NCSQ Spring Meet in May 2019 - once I lock down a date, I’ll post a link to the new thread on here

Hopefully it won't be sleeting next time. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to see and hear what the two cars have become with new owners. Loving the equipment list.

Reactions: chasingSQ

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Jason, the new ride is absolutely stunning! And how cool that a lot of the base work for the system is already done so you can just go about adding the gear you want and an excellent tune. When you have a chance, I'd love to hear your thoughts (pm, email, here, whatever) on the RS3 you got to drive vs the S4. This is relevant to my future interests...

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Best thing.....I have a friend who is a fantastic installer, and another who is a fantastic tuner. So I’m glad that the equipment is just the beginning.

Thanks man, but you may want to have Kiser tackle this one:D
if you REALLY need help, im always willing tho

Reactions: bertholomey

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thanks Mic!

So, a couple things....

1) I want to change Digital Audio Players (DAPs for short ;)). I'm selling a couple things to fund my next purchase - so let me know if you or someone you know may be interested. I failed to mention......a DAP like this isn't only for personal listening......my main use of it was in the car.......Coax or Optical or Line Out straight to the Helix DSP Pro......fantastic sound, huge library of music with me when I travel......

FiiO X5iii - 64GB internal storage (can be empty or full) + leather case + hard storage case + 128 GB micro SD card (either empty or full - your choice) - the player has 64GB internal memory and two micro SD slots. Original Box.

64Audio CIEMs - 64Audio A6 Custom In Ear Monitors with the adjustable MAM Adel module ($200 retail) + the A15 module that came with them + hard case for storage + updated cable. These would need to be re-shelled by 64Audio to get the perfect fit.

FiiO X5iii

64Audio A6 CIEMs

Over $1800 invested, asking $600 shipped for both pieces - I don't want to break them up unless I get two buyers.

2) I'm going to be starting a thread soon for the 2019 NCSQ Spring Meet. It will be the 3rd and 4th of May with a Competition in Garner NC the 5th....a Cinco de Mayo (and beginning of Ramadan ;)) event......

I still need to work out some particulars....my house or park....etc. I'll post a link to that new thread on this thread once I start it.

21 - 40 of 611 Posts