DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

been a while since ive been on here or even messed with car audio.. we all come back eventually. Finally getting to overhauling my trucks audio.

Noico matting everything: its cheap and it works.

looking at running a tesla like screenhttps://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com/collections/tesla-style-vertical-screen/products/12-1-tesla-style-android-navigation-radio-for-ford-f-150-2016-2017

currently have: JL Audio 750/1HD for 13TW5, and 600/4HD

need to buy:
thinking of C5 653 and C5650x for rear.
Rockford fosgate DSR1 for integration and DSP

question is: should i run this active off the 600/4? is it even possible to, with the 3 way up front?

should i be looking at different speakers? i know things have changed since I've messed with things.

what are your opinions?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
If your running 3 way active up front you need 6 channels of amplification. 1 channel per driver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
You do not need to run the dsr-1. You can achieve this with forscan (setting everything to flat and can even do low level output) if you don't mind splicing or a $60 harness if you want no cut no splice of factory wires (For-11ck harness)

But if you also want the dsp capabilities of the dsr-1 than go for it, many have chose the forscan and dayton dsp combo over the dsr-1 though on f150 forums.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You do not need to run the dsr-1. You can achieve this with forscan (setting everything to flat and can even do low level output) if you don't mind splicing or a $60 harness if you want no cut no splice of factory wires (For-11ck harness)

But if you also want the dsp capabilities of the dsr-1 than go for it, many have chose the forscan and dayton dsp combo over the dsr-1 though on f150 forums.

If you are completely removing the factory amp, you do not need FORSCAN as the oem head unit, at least on the Sony Premium system, outputs a flat, un-EQ'd signal. The amp itself is where the DSP/EQ is applied.

I chose the DSR-1 because I wanted a fast portable way of controlling it via my Ipad and bluetooth. Also for the super simple integration into the factory harness. I have a 360.3 but the DSR-1 was just easier to install and quite frankly it has all of the adjustability of the 360.3 in a smaller package. I have had great success with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all,

well I installed the my amps and DSR 1 and all went well. i havent ordered my C5653 set yet and am thinking of buying a 6 channel amp and going active, ill keep my 600.4 for rear speakers. i am looking at the Zapco line of AB amps.. what are you thoughts on using a AB amp in leu of the D class i have now?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok update and need help

DSR1 installed but went with active 3 way from Stereo integrity instead of the C5s, also got an extra 3.5 to run a center channel so i can set front stage center mass in truck. I also want to run either a 2 way coax in the back or single wide band 6.5 for rear fill and so my daughter can rock out too.

DSR1 doesnt have enough channels out WTF lol what do do now?

add a DSP to the DSR1 or ditch it and keep the Maestro cable and run something else?

current setu is as follows

MMats 6150d amp for front 3 way stage
JLHD 600.4 for center channel and rear fill
JL HD 750.1 with JL 13tw5

HELP!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
How are you tuning all of this? I didn't think the dsr1 could handle center channel processing. A proper tune can get your center near perfect without the use of a center channel.

Also to do everything you want you either need to add another dsp or swap out the dsr1 for something with more outputs like the helix pro.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok my conclusion of options:

DSR1 used soley as integration and then the new alpine DSP for 699.

option 2 DSR1 and then a dayton on 4 channels to 8 channels and have to tune separately.

obviously option 2 much cheaper but how hard will that be to tune? initial PITA but not that big of a deal or nightmare?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i came to a conclusion and if anyone is interested in how it turns out let me know.

DSR1 straight passthrough 6 channels full band going into a alpine PXE 0850S and doing full DSP that way..

Stereo integrity 3 way upfront. have the 6.5 and 3.5 in sealed doors and gonna try to put the tweaters in stock location if no go then in sail panels. have same 3.5 in as center channel. morel tempo 6.5 2 way coax in rear for fill, original 13TW5 3 ohm version for sub. MMATS 6150D, JL HD 600.4, 750.1; hoping it sounds great, will need to find someone near st pete to tune as i dont have all the tools and dont plan on doing this over and over again so should be cheaper than buying more tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts