DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the pleasure of listening to a well tuned Audio Frog GB 3 way this weekend. What a great sounding car. He mentioned that he wanted to make some fiberglass sub enclosures for the corners of his trunk.

So, the saga begins. 40sqft of chop mat and 3/4 of a gallon resin for the initial mold.

These will house Audiofrog 10's

Attachments

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
You can't go wrong with Audio Frog, also making a fiberglass box sucks :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't go wrong with Audio Frog, also making a fiberglass box sucks :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm aware of the suckage. But, this guy has done a great job building his system and keeping it looking factory. This is really going to be the finishing touch. No more big square box in his trunk.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miguel has been a good helper the whole time I've been making his boxes. But, I got him slinging some resin yesterday. We had to make a pretty serious modification to the passenger side. It seems I got ahead of myself and forgot to trim the mold before I wrapped and glasses the passenger side. Had to cut away about 1/4 of the box and re-do it. Still got some decent progress this weekend.

They are going to be awesome

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
All done. Turned out great. Those GB10's even sound pretty good.😉

The owner did tell me he's not going to want to do another fiberglass box in the near future. I don't think he knew how messy/itchy/sucky fiberglass work is. He knows Now!

-Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
@JaySea20 fantastic job!!! Miguel is stoked! Not everyone is willing to undertake a labor intensive job like that. I put you 2 together to help you with your tune and this is just lagniappe! Some would call it serendipitous!!! Guys like you are what I truly love about this hobby! My hat is off to you and I appreciate what you did for him. Look forward to meeting you one day. Again great job and thanks. Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts