DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I see a bunch of Ram threads so I got a lot of information off of them.. Just wanna throw some stuff out there for suggestions / recommendations ..

I love the 3 speaker dash.. it's an awesome sound stage..

So I'm working with the 9 speaker plus sub Alpine system I want to keep the factory source.

So Pac Audio and a dsp.

Has anyone ever run the Hybrid Audio Legatia 3se in the front? I'm not sure it will fit. It's a 3.7 inch speaker and the mount is a 3.5 inch.

If that's a no go I was looking at AudioFrog GB25 2.5inch.

Also... I don't want to cut anything on the truck so tweeter location ... not sure what shops around me do sail panels or will the Audiofrog tweet possibly mount int he same location in the corners with the GB25.

The doors are all 6x9. Anyone have any experience using a 6.5 adapter? I just am not a fan of the 6x9 speaker design though I hear the audiofrog's drop in. With that being said.. anyone have experience with the AF 6x9 coax? otherwise I would use the adapter for the 6.5 and mouth the tweet some damn where.

And this brings me to active vs passive.

If I went active I would need 9 channels plus a mono for the sub?

What amps? I don't have mass cash on hand but I'd space the purchases out just to get something decent. I'd love some Audison but I can't go that steep if I'm doing 9 channels on active. Maybe some zapco?

Any input would be welcomed!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the exact same truck with three way front (no center channel), rear coax and sub. Everything is running active with the factory head unit -> PAC -> Toslink -> Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace-> four amps.

My installer fit Dyn Esotar 430s in the dash corners. You might be able to fit something larger. The RAM doors can fit high quality 6.5” like the GB60. You could also go to a shallow 8” like the Audio Development W800 NEO. Tweeters in the sail panels work great and are a pretty easy install.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a sweet set of Hertz Mille 3 ways and they are the old school ones that are better than the current model. Go 3 way over a 2 way you won’t regret it. If you do stay 2 way you could go Audiofrog gb15 and Gb60 i love my milles and gbs

I’m buying a 19 ram next week and doing 3 way front stage active with 2 way active center channel and rear fill with 2 jl tw5s

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have the exact same truck with three way front (no center channel), rear coax and sub. Everything is running active with the factory head unit -> PAC -> Toslink -> Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace-> four amps.

My installer fit Dyn Esotar 430s in the dash corners. You might be able to fit something larger. The RAM doors can fit high quality 6.5” like the GB60. You could also go to a shallow 8” like the Audio Development W800 NEO. Tweeters in the sail panels work great and are a pretty easy install.
Do you have any pics or a build log of your truck so we can see how you made it all work together?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Which PAC module is everyone using. I was originally taking the signal from the headunit before the amplifier and using a Bit Ten to de-eq and sum the signals then send that to my amplifiers.

This was done in my 2012 before the PAC units were available.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Which PAC module is everyone using. I was originally taking the signal from the headunit before the amplifier and using a Bit Ten to de-eq and sum the signals then send that to my amplifiers.

I did the exact same thing with a Bit One added after the factory amp. Took us a while to work the bugs out of that setup. A year or so later the PAC was released and I had the entire system redone (went fully active plus upgrading everything). It was a snap since we went Toslink from the PAC to the new Mosconi.

This is the unit we used in my Ram.
AmpPRO 4 CH41

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did the exact same thing with a Bit One added after the factory amp. Took us a while to work the bugs out of that setup. A year or so later the PAC was released and I had the entire system redone (went fully active plus upgrading everything). It was a snap since we went Toslink from the PAC to the new Mosconi.

AmpPRO 4 CH41
Thank you,

Is there any advantage adding this piece vs using the summing function of the DSP? I can't possibly see one.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thank you,

Is there any advantage adding this piece vs using the summing function of the DSP? I can't possibly see one.
There definitely is with the Alpine system. The PAC will just make it dead simple where getting a nice signal with the DSP’s summing can be a huge pain in the ass.

·
Registered
883 Posts

TomT, do you have any pics of the W800 Neo in the doors. I have never seen anyone use any type of 8" without having to cut the 6x mounting.

·
Registered
382 Posts
TomT, do you have any pics of the W800 Neo in the doors. I have never seen anyone use any type of 8" without having to cut the 6x mounting.
I was just suggesting them as I had heard others used them successfully. I have the Audio Development ESA Bass 6.5s in my doors.

As far as having to make the factory hole a little bigger, I would have no problem with that.

·
Registered
246 Posts

AmpPRO 4 CH41
That’s the correct one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What would the benefits of using the PAC if you didn't have the Alpine system? Is there an easier or better way?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The PAC is the best option by far with or without the alpine system. Hands down...no question.

Benefits are ease of install and ability to use toslink to DSP if the processor has optical in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts