DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Are you going to put some damping material in that tire well? I'm wondering if it can help shield the temps a little?
Yes, I plan to and agree that it will probably help. The stock floor has a foam backer, and it does a great job of blocking the heat. Think I need to get on the right side of that to truly be worry free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any updates?
Wife has a 2014 S60 t5 I would like to upgrade using some of your ideas.
The main question I would like answered is about the need for the JL fix. Do anyone know for sure if the signals coming out of the Volvo amp that are used as a signal source are full range?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't know for sure if the signals are full-range, but my guess is yes. Not really helpful, I know, but I couldn't find a definitive answer either, which is why I went with the FiX.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh, and I remounted the amps above the trunk floor, and further up front, away from the muffler and have had no further heat issues. Also, it's not August anymore. But for now at least things are working fine from 80Hz up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How did you black out the chrome? Has to look better, not sure why Volvo only used black trim on the base model S60. Should have used it across the whole lineup.
Any pictures?
Looking forward to updates once you get the IB plan figured out.
Wish I could offer some suggestions but that is way out of my wheelhouse.
Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
So are you going to follow the instructions from Post #3 in that link?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How did you black out the chrome? Has to look better, not sure why Volvo only used black trim on the base model S60. Should have used it across the whole lineup.
Any pictures?
Looking forward to updates once you get the IB plan figured out.
Wish I could offer some suggestions but that is way out of my wheelhouse.
Thanks

Totally agree. The fake chrome looks so cheap. This is much better. I still want to add some black mirror caps, and that will probably be it cosmetically.

I used 3m vinyl tape for most of it (VViViD 3M 1080 Black Gloss Vinyl Detailing Wrap Pinstriping Tape 20ft Roll) and a sheet for the section at the back where the curve is to tight for the tape (3M 1080 G12 GLOSS BLACK 5ft x 1ft (5 Sq/ft) Car Wrap Vinyl Film).

There's definitely an art to it. Took two tries at each window in order to pass the five foot test. But a shop would probably charge a couple hundred bucks for the job.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Why would you not use time alignment?

·
Registered
531 Posts

Totally agree. The fake chrome looks so cheap. This is much better. I still want to add some black mirror caps, and that will probably be it cosmetically.

I used 3m vinyl tape for most of it (VViViD 3M 1080 Black Gloss Vinyl Detailing Wrap Pinstriping Tape 20ft Roll) and a sheet for the section at the back where the curve is to tight for the tape (3M 1080 G12 GLOSS BLACK 5ft x 1ft (5 Sq/ft) Car Wrap Vinyl Film).

There's definitely an art to it. Took two tries at each window in order to pass the five foot test. But a shop would probably charge a couple hundred bucks for the job.
That black trim came out nice as h3ll! The wife loves her fake chrome. I think her needs chrome rimz to set it off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A baffle! Took a template, two tries, and about 20 test fits to get right, but hey, it's progress.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
A baffle! Took a template, two tries, and about 20 test fits to get right, but hey, it's progress.

Awesome job, just like I pictured it :rolleyes: I finally resolved to do a similar baffle in my Mustang, but now I'm selling the car so all that tracing and test fitting will go to waste :( You, however, should keep up the good work!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Finally have made some progress and built the other half of the baffle.

That should be all the fab work needed here. Looking forward to moving on to the install.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts