DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Great work, +1 for some nice product as well

I drive the Gran Coupe's quite a bit for work, they have a ton of room.
Thanks. One of the aspects I'm proud over about the build is that space is maintained 100% :)
That turned out amazing bud! Love the decorative router grooves. :thumbsup:
Cheers mate, you know I try tp do what I can with my limited routering skills :blush:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Hi,

Quick update on today's progress. Protective grill for the subwoofer was today's objective. Started by taking some key measurements from the subwoofer baffle and then proceeded to rig up some spare pieces of MDF i had to router the grill ring:

The routering resulted in an MDF ring with a routered groove on the front face for mounting the grill material, here testfitted in the baffle:

I then cut the material for the grill and mounted it to the MDF ring using AC glue:

The whole thing was sprayed to protect it from the environment before being upholstered in the same carpet as the other trunk parts:

And the finished product fitted in the car:

That's all for now :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely clean build. Love the stealth look. Quick question, does the grill over the sub affect the output such as a muffled effect? Been seeing many stealth systems with similar outlook and I want to do the same but that part I want to confirm.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Absolutely clean build. Love the stealth look. Quick question, does the grill over the sub affect the output such as a muffled effect? Been seeing many stealth systems with similar outlook and I want to do the same but that part I want to confirm.

No it will not affect output,I've done grilles like this before with no difference in sub performance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Wow......

No it will not affect output,I've done grilles like this before with no difference in sub performance.
Agree, I have not noticed any decrease in output from doing it this way. Not in this build and not in the Q7 where I had the same type of application.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
So this car with the current version of this build has done fairly well throughout the 2017 EMMA SQ competition season and all of it was topped with 1st place in EMMA Sweden National Finals Skilled OEM yesterday. :)

Now on to make plans for next season :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Congratulations.

This is a very nice vehicle, with an equally nice system.
Well done. Your efforts paid off.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Beautiful car - well chosen and finished - amazing custom / and stealth install - beautiful example of craftsmanship keeping with the luxury interior - great choice of gear (I'm partial towards those amps ) - and the trophy and results are the icing on the cake!

81 - 100 of 123 Posts