DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is #5 he will being doing for me, this is a little premature/early post but we plan to start in a week or to, pics as we progress

system is strictly SQ for me and stealth, it will have the following:

1) phass re4.25 on dynaudio consequence gold 52mm mid and 1.1" gold tweeter
2) phass re50 black edition on dynaudio esotar 8" mid bass
3) phass re50 black edition in pair of dynaudio 9.5" custom subs
4) helix pro II dsp
5) sound deadening
6) tributaires ref 8 speaker and interconnects
7) all custom work by steve

·
Registered
368 Posts
Very nice! Do you compete with any of these vehicles or is it more for your own listening pleasure? Do you have a favorite out of all your builds? Any reasons why?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! Do you compete with any of these vehicles or is it more for your own listening pleasure? Do you have a favorite out of all your builds? Any reasons why?
i do not show them, i am not into the WOW factor. without question my audi rs7 is the best i have, 2nd would be my porsche turbo s, 3rd my macan turbo (now sold) and 4th my little escape

i am pretty sure this build will be the best of them all

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Watching intently - have the exact same car :) (wifeys explorer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Phass....Wow!!! I would love to try some of those amps! From what I have heard they are based on a class A tube design but not using tubes. Where are you getting them from?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watching intently - have the exact same car :) (wifeys explorer)

i never pictured myself in an explorer but this platinum is an awesome work suv for me, i like it a lot

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Please take plenty of pics, I'm going to enjoy this one. :snacks:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please take plenty of pics, I'm going to enjoy this one. :snacks:
it should be stunning, i know it better be. the dyna gold dome mid is the most accurate i have ever heard and same goes for the tweeter, i have it in my rs7 and it is better than the esotar 110 and i never thought i would say that

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Porsche said:
it should be stunning, i know it better be. the dyna gold dome mid is the most accurate i have ever heard and same goes for the tweeter, i have it in my rs7 and it is better than the esotar 110 and i never thought i would say that
I’m pretty interested in seeing those custom drivers. I’ve never seen a publicly advertised Esotar 182 woofer. Is the mid a dome or cone mid?

This should be great!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m pretty interested in seeing those custom drivers. I’ve never seen a publicly advertised Esotar 182 woofer. Is the mid a dome or cone mid?

This should be great!

i may have mis worded that, the 8" is an esotar driver from there $10k contour home speaker, the 9.5" is a true sub from there home line as well. the consequence gold dome 52mm is a dome mid and the 1.1" gold dome tweeter is from there $75k consequence gold edition home speaker.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love the rs7. Any build pics of that ride?

Steve does killer work.

theres a topic under the build section

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
Hey Chris (its Chris, right?), have you tested these amps outside of the car?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
i may have mis worded that, the 8" is an esotar driver from there $10k contour home speaker, the 9.5" is a true sub from there home line as well. the consequence gold dome 52mm is a dome mid and the 1.1" gold dome tweeter is from there $75k consequence gold edition home speaker.
Ahh makes sense. Sweet drivers, should be wicked.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahh makes sense. Sweet drivers, should be wicked.
yea, I'm not a huge fan of the 172 or 182 for a true mid bass, they are very nice but lack a little slam, the 8" out of the contour is a different story, a lot more money but worth it. same goes for the 9.5" sub from the home line, pricey but i have one in my rs7 and it is wicked good, fast, deep and clean

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the consequence gold dome mids

Attachments

1 - 20 of 91 Posts