DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up one of these and wish to glean knowledge from anybody who has it. My model has the 380W 11-speaker Meridian system.

From what I've gathered:
  • 1" tweeters in dash and rear doors
  • 6.5" woofers in all 4 doors
  • 4" mids in front door
  • 10" DVC sub tucked away somewhere in the trunk.
  • Stock amp is in the trunk and there is a M0bridge device to grab a clean output for my Helix.
For sure I want to replace the front stage, in place seems possible if I ignore the aim of the tweeters and mids (I want to keep the stock look). I'm on the fence with the rear doors. Leaning on keeping the 6.5"s active, but disconnect the tweeters.

I've found the info I need to take the door cards off. What I need to figure out is how to get to the tweeters in the dash. If anybody knows I would really appreciate it. Also any other tips or gotchas there are on this car. I'd also be up for any ideas on the sub/enclosure that may work best.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Would be great to see a couple pics of the outside and a few of those speaker locations.

I can ask my installer if he knows about the tweeters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can take some tonight when I get home. I don't want to be that guy taking pictures of his new ride in the parking lot at work... :laugh:

·
Registered
487 Posts
We just did one at my mates car audio place, got a hybrid audio 3” in the mid location using a metal ring plus some pu sealant (would have to cut the pu to get the speakers out... it was tight!), I think I have the wiring diagram somewhere, I know the mids are in a different plug to the midbass and tweeters (if I recall right the mids were in a green plug that’s further away from the back of the car... from the back there’s a two pin power plug, then a big multi plug with midbass and tweeter in, then the next plug is the midrange among other things, then the most twin fibre plug is furthest away)

Fitted a helix q10 in the drivers side boot space (right hand drive) in a custom fibre glass enclosure (personally I’d have done the passenger side as there was a fuse box on the drivers side), p-6dsp with hybrid 6”, 3” and 1”, plus we used the helix own most interface and a helix mono...

All the amps fitted in a hollowed out factory sub enclosure under the spare wheel, I’ll see if I can find some pics for you 👍🏼

The tweeter was fixed in place with hot glue from memory

Wooden rings were cut from 12mm plywood to simulate the mounting ring

·
Registered
487 Posts
Pics of amp rack and sub enclosure fitted over it (I put a tube to protect wires from spare wheel bolt down (the white tube in the middle of the two amps)

And the mdf/glass enclosure in the side of the boot 👍🏼

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice! I like the sub a lot. What year is that XF? Mine is a 2016, my door is different. No sail, the tweeters are in the dash. I'll get pics tonight.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very nice! I like the sub a lot. What year is that XF? Mine is a 2016, my door is different. No sail, the tweeters are in the dash. I'll get pics tonight.
From memory I think it was a 2012, I know it sounded pretty nice considering it was the cheaper hybrid range 👍🏼

1 - 10 of 10 Posts