DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like any advice or tips on upgrading the stereo in a 2016 Passat TDI.

For the past 10 years, I haven't had a custom stereo. So I am looking to purchase a new car 2016 Passat TDI and wanting any advice or tips to put a system into it.

I have purchased the following over and am willing to use all or none of it:
One BNIB Jbl MS-8
Two BNIB Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 (each amp is 150w x 6 or 150x4 & 600x1)
One Used Phoenix Gold DD10 Distribution Center
One Used Phoenix Gold Cyclone
Two Used Coustic DR-326 BassPumps (One has a bad woofer)
One Used Coustic DR-328 BassPump
One BNIB Focal K2 Power 165KRX2 (3 Way Speakers)

I have read that some people suggest getting the Volkswagen without the Fender audio system is easy to upgrade and then I read that isn't the case. I want to keep the steering wheel controls.

My idea was to use the following:

Jbl MS-8 Channels 1-2 > 1st Arc Audio Channels 1-4 > Focal passive x-over > Focal 3 ways in the front doors
Jbl MS-8 Channels 3-4 > 2nd Arc Audio Channels 1-2 > passive x-over > Whatever 2 ways that I buy for the rear doors (I will try to find a good match for my existing Focals)
Jbl MS-8 Channel 5 > 2nd Arc Audio Channel 3 > Passive x-over > Whatever the largest center channel speaker that I can put in the dash (I will try to find a good match for my existing Focals)

Jbl MS-8 Channel 7 > 1st Arc Audio Channel 5-6 bridged > to 1st 12" AudioFrog GB12D2 (1st amp is rated at 600 watts bridged)
Jbl MS-8 Channel 8 > 2nd Arc Audio Channel 5-6 bridged > to 2nd 12" AudioFrog GB12D2 (2nd amp is rated at 600 watts bridged)

Jbl MS-8 Channel 6 and 2nd Arc Audio Amp Channel 4 not going to be used. Not using the Phoenix Gold Cyclone and Coustic BassPumps either but, I would love too, if you have any ideas.

You can't hurt my feelings and willing to listen to any advice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I feel like the diesel in the end is no worse than burning 30% more gasoline to go the same amount of miles. And I know the diesels will last a lot longer.

I have a 2006 TDI Jetta with a 190,000 miles on it. It looks a little worn but, it drives like a new car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts