DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Co-work has a 2016 Silverado Crewcad Bose with center console. He is look for a good sounding, balanced system. His budget is $4k, and I'll be doing the install for him.

His requests are:
1. Keep the factory look and simple.
2. No big box under the rear seat, atleast not the whole length. (Ok with losing the space under the passenger side of the rear seat)
4. Budget for everything $4k

This is what I'm thinking, but not limited to.
NAV-TV M650GM interface (I love mine)
JL Audio VX700/5i
Audiofrog GB60
Audiofrog GB15
JL Audio Stealth console subwoofer enclosure
This setup comes is at about $3.5k and it's simple.
Any thoughts or other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
That seems good to me. I had a budget of about 3k in my 16. And I'm over 3 times that now ?
I understand that lol. My personal build has gotten way out hand several times over lol. I guess that's part of being a hobbyist in car audio.
Well I freaked out because there were no modules for the non Bose. (Its easier to have Bose with these trucks) but I found a module that's for non Bose and said hey I saved a bunch of money let's do more. And then the snowball effect happened

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I freaked out because there were no modules for the non Bose. (Its easier to have Bose with these trucks) but I found a module that's for non Bose and said hey I saved a bunch of money let's do more. And then the snowball effect happened
What modules is that? I thought NAV-TV made one for non-Bose?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I want to say I read that Nasty went with a solution from https://lljcustoms.com/ but I'll let him confirm.

The Nav TV unit can work with non-Bose however it may require a reprogrammed tuner module. At the time for my 2017 Silverado, it would have required it and would cause me to lose Car Play/Android Auto on my stock HU. Might be something to check with them on to see if that's changed.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I want to say I read that Nasty went with a solution from https://lljcustoms.com/ but I'll let him confirm.

The Nav TV unit can work with non-Bose however it may require a reprogrammed tuner module. At the time for my 2017 Silverado, it would have required it and would cause me to lose Car Play/Android Auto on my stock HU. Might be something to check with them on to see if that's changed.
That's the one. They have one for blose as well.

I would have gone with nav tv. but they told me since I'm non Bose it might work and it might not. Thanks assholes.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's the one. They have one for blose as well.

I would have gone with nav tv. but they told me since I'm non Bose it might work and it might not. Thanks assholes.
Did the harness you got handle the chimes as well? I can't remember if you said it attenuated them or deleted them all together. Was thinking this could be a slick way to throw an amp/sub in my buddy's '15 with the 4" screen.

OP sorry for the slight hijack. On your listed setup what are you going with for door treatments and speaker adapters/baffles?

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Did the harness you got handle the chimes as well? I can't remember if you said it attenuated them or deleted them all together. Was thinking this could be a slick way to throw an amp/sub in my buddy's '15 with the 4" screen.

OP sorry for the slight hijack. On your listed setup what are you going with for door treatments and speaker adapters/baffles?
The llj l4 harness defeats the chimes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts