2016 Toyota Sienna SE
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AF 3way active front stage
-gb10, gb60, gb25(dash)
-2 Arc Audio x2 1200.6 amps
-AF gb40, gb10 center channel dash
-AF gb10d2 10" sub
-rear speakers passive Boston Acoustics Z6 2 way.
-Helix dsp ultra w/usb input
-Audison lrx4.1 amp on standby depending on the best setup...
-knukonceptz wires

Here is my progress

Extensive sound proofing.
-80mil noico butyl 100% coverage
-315 mil noico foam 100% coverage with
-luxury liner over the noico foam squares in some areas... or butyl with luxury liner pro foam backed vinyl.
-doors are 100% butyl outer wall with 100% foam layer. then 100% butyl and a sheet of luxury liner pro on the inner door panel. TEDIOUS!

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna SE
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should i just make luxury liner pro pieces to replace the factory white pads? or try to get more coverage than those areas? I will cover the gactory speaker area. Also how worth is it to remove the headliner and go to town on the ceiling with the butyl and stickyback foam?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
HAHA. I showed your first picture to my wife letting her know that's what I need to do to her van to install a system and she not so nicely said no. :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Regarding your question on the white pads, I wouldn't necessarily replace them if there is enough room to fit a full layer of the luxury liner pro over the white pads. If only room for one layer, then I guess remove the white pads if you think the luxury liner pro will be an improvement. Then again, it depends on if you're adhering or hanging the luxury liner pro.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna SE
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA. I showed your first picture to my wife letting her know that's what I need to do to her van to install a system and she not so nicely said no. :)
Tha
Regarding your question on the white pads, I wouldn't necessarily replace them if there is enough room to fit a full layer of the luxury liner pro over the white pads. If only room for one layer, then I guess remove the white pads if you think the luxury liner pro will be an improvement. Then again, it depends on if you're adhering or hanging the luxury liner pro.
I guess i will adhere them since its a complex surface
Ha Yeah my gf was like "your the only person i know that would buy a new car then tear it apart".

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hey, I’ve got the same van, see sig. Don’t bother with the roof, a single 10 wont flex it but the plastic parts in the back are horrible. These vans swallow up the bass. The GS690 would have fit nice in those doors. I put my amp up behind the glove box on a custom bracket.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a 2014 and thought I was doing something with mine. Guess I'll be pulling the trigger on the 3-way active setup and DSP.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna SE
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool... are you gonna sound proof? My custom 8th row seat stow cubby .subwoofer box is being made now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cool... are you gonna sound proof? My custom 8th row seat stow cubby .subwoofer box is being made now.
I put almost 2 layers in the front doors, so they at least sound less like steel drums. If the dually gods bless me, then I'll put the van off the road for a little bit and do more deadening along with some adjustments to the front stage.

Reactions: brandom79
1 - 12 of 12 Posts